Podcast topics

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question for those who listen to podcasts- what are some of your favorite topics?

I been hosting Rokcast's Tipsy Tuesday episodes which is basically 20 minutes or so of tips and tricks along with 3 or 4 gear reviews. Just curious if the Rokslide community as a preference for tips and tricks topics.

You can check out all the @robby denning and @Travis Hobbs mule deer episodes along with Tipsy Tuesday here -https://rokslide.com/forums/forums/rokcast.129/

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hacks for camping during the season.. like cold hamburgers in the cooler for quick meals. Or drinking cold coffee making s half gallon or so at a time and saving time in the morning.

Anything i can do to stay mobile, eliminate set up tear down and make and leave "camp" quickly. But then, I like to stick and move, parking the truck where i might hear bugles, sleep in the front, windows down, and bug out early in the morning to a nearby area.

In essence, how to be light and mobile.

Last edited:

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Not a tip so may not fit in “Tipsy Tuesday” but I’d be interested in hearing a podcast where you interview average roksliders and they tell some of their better hunting stories and give them a chance to talk about their own experiences, tactics, and gear. If this has been done already I apologize. Just seems most podcasts, meaning podcasts in general not just the Rokcast, cater to the well known guys in the outdoor industry or to the “influencers”. I’d enjoy just listening to average joes tell their stories on weekly basis.

Not tipsy Tuesday related either but I vote more stories like the one about Robby’s horse eating the railing. Still laugh when I think about that one.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I still think it’s the most downloaded podcast in the history of Rokcast

CorbLand

WKR
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I still think it’s the most downloaded podcast in the history of Rokcast
Do you remember the name of it? I went looking for it the other day and couldn’t find it.

I listen to them while working and everyone in the office was looking at me weird on that one. I laughed so hard.

Marble

WKR
Under the topic of preparation for an upcoming hunt for a new hunter.

Discuss necessities and then drill in the importance of trying these things out prior to season. Maybe a brief hike, or not, and an overnight in the tent, bag, pad etc that they will be using. Gets them to try their gear prior to going all in 5 miles deep, only to hate themselves.

So a show on being prepared.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a tip so may not fit in “Tipsy Tuesday” but I’d be interested in hearing a podcast where you interview average roksliders and they tell some of their better hunting stories and give them a chance to talk about their own experiences, tactics, and gear. If this has been done already I apologize. Just seems most podcasts, meaning podcasts in general not just the Rokcast, cater to the well known guys in the outdoor industry or to the “influencers”. I’d enjoy just listening to average joes tell their stories on weekly basis.

You should give Tipsy Tuesday a listen then because it's a lot of Rokslide members sharing their tips and tricks to hunting success.

We have truly amazing community here, members that have completed grand slams, killed all the North American 29 species, and been on some epic adventure hunts in foreign countries.

Know someone that would be a great guest have them email [email protected]

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

fngTony

AI powered Moderator
Staff member
And even the realities of meat care from someone who has done it. I see people freaking out about this all the time and it's really not that complicated.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Definitely, I should elaborate more. Early season in a high elevation environment like Colorado you have creek beds that will be cool and shaded but that doesn’t translate to mid elevation brush country or desert areas. It’s really just as much myth busting as it is instructional.

TXCO

WKR
First aid, emergency kits, stories when things ha e gone wrong

On a lighter note- people walking through their routines they done think about- like food prep, how they glass, you know just stuff that people dont think to verbalize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First aid, emergency kits, stories when things ha e gone wrong

On a lighter note- people walking through their routines they done think about- like food prep, how they glass, you know just stuff that people dont think to verbalize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got one in the works on glassing tactics. It’s tricky delivering it in podcast form but I hope it helps! I think glassing is so easy to overlook and something everyone of us should try and get better at because a lot of time it is the difference between success and failure, especially for the western hunter. I’ll probably do a follow up YouTube video on it to show a few things. 🤘🏻