Portable jump starter

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I’ve been wanting to get a portable battery pack that could jump my truck in needed on my trips.
I like that I can charge other devices and smaller battery packs as well.
330129f48231d6196d35c8e12d1d3e8a.jpg

e007bfb18fa95644cf497bd6c20d4fb5.jpg

917dd4813c38daa62d4f885b65d91d6a.jpg

I’ll let everyone know how I like it after it gets some use.
Anyone use one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahlgringo

WKR
There was a thread about this a while back if you want lots of info on the subject. I personally have the big nocoboost for my 6.7 cummins. Worked great the one time I needed it.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
How much output does it have? I've used a bunch of jump packs over the years but none of new small compact designs

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

gumbl3

WKR
I got me one like that.. It did what it was supposed to do the couple times I've needed it.. Also used it to troubleshoot some ATV's and what not as well as a portable charging pack

Looks exactly like the one I have, but it has a different brand.
I've had mine about 2 years, recharged it one time so far. Jumped my Buell twice, Jeep once, two trucks at a trail head and the battery was still above 70%!
I leave it in the trunk year round and surprisingly the cold doesn't drain the battery much.
Excellent purchase 👍👍

tdot

WKR
I have a Noco brand. It's come in handy a bunch of times with my spare truck that doesn't get used often. It saved the weekend last week, we'd just picked up a used boat and were on a shake down cruise, a faulty float switch had the bilge pump running all night and it killed the battery. We would have been screwed without that battery pack. Instead of a multi-hour drama, we were delayed by 90 seconds.

Axlrod

WKR
What do they cost$?

That Zeus 1000 amp is $150. You can also get them with an air compressor. Dewalt has a 1400 amp one at Home Depot for $150. They are larger than the stand alone jump starters.

Vandy321

WKR
Wow...the Audew seems to have nailed it in that test, and at only $85. Think i'll skip the noco I had in my cart

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I have a “diesel” size (forget the model) noco booster and a smaller “lightning pack” both have jumped cars trucks and equipment and work as they should, very handy and add a bit of piece of mind when in the backcountry or out on the boat

Swandive

FNG

Vandy321

WKR
I'm seriously leaning towards that Audew 2000 after that review...waht am I missing?

Drive a 6.4 gasser, btw.

never used one of the compact ones like listed above but i own multiple of the boosterpac brand. One smaller one that fits perfectly under the back seat of my truck and the big one that we use around the farm that has no problem jump starting any of our tractors around the farm.