POS 'hunters'...

Broomd

WKR
Heard a shot early Tuesday morning, the clock on the nightstand showed 6:53. Had me wondering wth was going on out there in mid September.

Wife went for a jog about an hour later and when she returned she handed me a 30.06 casing that was lying on the road near our front pasture, about 40 yards from the driveway.
Fast forward about twenty four hours later and the ravens commenced.
Followed the noise and commotion and about 90 yards from that spent brass was a small 4x4 whitetail buck in the tall grass near the edge of the pines.
We had watched that deer grow over the Summer; two weeks ago had glassed him frolicking around with blood red horns; the little guy seemed to be celebrating losing his velvet. He was a fixture around here, and I figured he'd be killed sometime this Fall.

But completely pissed off seeing that dead buck rotting away and feeding the coyotes.
The only season open for deer is bow, unless the hunter is native American. So that young buck was either poached or native killed and abandoned with zero effort to retrieve him.

I'm f****g livid!

Last edited:

DRUSS

WKR
As you should be!
Sucks that someone out there decided that this was OK.
Really labels the rest of the hunting community that works so hard to enjoy our experiences. Without breaking the unwritten laws and ethics. Not even getting to the real outlaws who are so reckless.

2 years ago I witnessed 2 guys with a young boy kill an illegal buck during the season, realize it and then drag it off and hide it, leaving it to rot. I did call F&W, but I do know that livid feeling. Let's hope the person gets caught and then some.

*zap*

WKR
the wardens here have a mechanical deer buck they set up off the road and they always get someone shooting at it on every set up....or so I was told by a warden.

TheGDog

WKR
the wardens here have a mechanical deer buck they set up off the road and they always get someone shooting at it on every set up....or so I was told by a warden.
Pssh.. I don't doubt that at all... heck the stationary Dove Decoys I just recently used in our Dove Season here... it's easy to see they are CLEARLY substantially larger in size than ANY actual Dove... and yet still... I had to yell at some idiot who was setting up with his AirRifle and was about try to pop one of em! Figure he didn't see us because of the leafy suits and how we were off to the side a bit. Had to shout out twice to that fool!

TheGDog

WKR
Hmmph... wonder if it's some middle-aged Housewife pissed that it's eating her Petunias or whatever the heck in her garden.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
I can understand your anger but they are poachers not hunters anti-hunters get it wrong when writing about the criminals that steal wildlife we shouldn't.
Hence the quotes "" around the word. Couldn't agree more with you, they are lowest of the low.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Did you call it in to a CO? I've seen good ones do some impressive detective work.

slvrslngr

WKR
Hopefully you reported it to the appropriate LE agency. The spent case could be used as evidence. Bummer about the buck, some people are just too stupid for words.

^^ I agree with this. They might come back for skull or that casing. Angle camera so you can identify license plate and or vehicle. A road poacher will circle back around.

Fordguy

WKR
From personal experience even when the game warden/conservation officer catches the poacher, the results in court are a huge letdown. Last year, I reported and the warden responded immediately. He caught 2 men unlicensed, felons with firearms, who had killed a big game animal while trespassing. One pled guilty and received an additional 6 months unsupervised probation, the other pled not guilty and received a $500.00 fine. That was it.

FlyGuy

WKR
From personal experience even when the game warden/conservation officer catches the poacher, the results in court are a huge letdown. Last year, I reported and the warden responded immediately. He caught 2 men unlicensed, felons with firearms, who had killed a big game animal while trespassing. One pled guilty and received an additional 6 months unsupervised probation, the other pled not guilty and received a $500.00 fine. That was it.

Wow. That’s super underwhelming. Extremely disappointing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro