Poseurs and Ballers....

I'm probably close to being on Time Out for being an AH on the Slide. This site a few years ago was a place I could come to for information and actually learning. Guys more Hardcore than I was and had "Been there and done that" more than I had. Could learn about making meals better/cheaper than Mtn House, leuko tape, lacing techniques, reducing ES and SD in load development, etc. Real information.

Lately....WOW! I guess it's time to remove myself. Overall I am simply floored by the amount of Poseurs. So many things chap my ass. What is with people? I see SOOOO many rifles....was ARs five years ago...now it's the PRS/LR game. With soooo much shit on them. Like it's a contest to see how much money you can spend, or how heavy you build your rifle. How much BLING you can add.......to increase your Drip, your Flo or your Swagger. WTF? Buy a new scope.....Oh, Bra.....you gotta put the sun shade on.....look how much bigger it looks! It's no longer Shocks, Pegs = Lucky. It's like everyone has enough money to build an alcohol dragster....but never had a driver's permit.

Does this stem from a Social Media lifestyle competition? Where people can take pics of their blinged out 1 ton truck on 37s, their LR Rifle, their Nock On matching blinged out bows, Mtn Ops flat brim?

Rubicon Jeeps with dual lockers, 37s, Warn recovery system....oh...don't forget the roof rack tent thingy with the ladder.....so the lions in Africa don't eat your ass! Even tho those poor tires have never seen dirt.

Or is it everyone WANTS to be an Operator? TactiCool? I work in Law Enforcement. I've seen some of the biggest pussies, who don't work out, couldn't do ONE pull up or bench their body weight, shoot like absolute shit....show up with Tactical Tomahawks, Shemags, Multi Cam everything, punch knives, 16 tourniquets, etc. Again....WTF?

Shot at a semi public range this weekend. The numbers of expensive semi production rifles on the line was staggering. Optics more than my entire rig. And two Skinny Jean poseurs high 5ing after hitting a 36" plate at 600 yards...No LRF, no ballistic Ap, nada. Realize it's their money and "Right", but for what? An Instagram post?

Is this just "Sportsman's Warehouse......set me up with the whole schmear.....I've got more money than God....put a whole rig together. I don't care what it cost......I'll be there at 3pm and I expect to walk out Chris Kyle"

Many posts and comments seem to floor me. I guess 9th Graders need to obtain guidance and information on things they can't afford and will never purchase also?

I guess it's the beauty of living in the Country we do and having that Freedom. I'm extremely grateful and practice gratitude daily. I'm personally in a great spot. Love life. Love my close circle of who and what I have. Just extremely underwhelmed with 90% of modern people and society. Maybe I'm a day away from trying to buy a Whammy Burger and fries?

mt100gr.

WKR
I'm probably close to being on Time Out for being an AH on the Slide. This site a few years ago was a place I could come to for information and actually learning. Guys more Hardcore than I was and had "Been there and done that" more than I had. Could learn about making meals better/cheaper than Mtn House, leuko tape, lacing techniques, reducing ES and SD in load development, etc. Real information.

Lately....WOW! I guess it's time to remove myself. Overall I am simply floored by the amount of Poseurs. So many things chap my ass. What is with people? I see SOOOO many rifles....was ARs five years ago...now it's the PRS/LR game. With soooo much shit on them. Like it's a contest to see how much money you can spend, or how heavy you build your rifle. How much BLING you can add.......to increase your Drip, your Flo or your Swagger. WTF? Buy a new scope.....Oh, Bra.....you gotta put the sun shade on.....look how much bigger it looks! It's no longer Shocks, Pegs = Lucky. It's like everyone has enough money to build an alcohol dragster....but never had a driver's permit.

Does this stem from a Social Media lifestyle competition? Where people can take pics of their blinged out 1 ton truck on 37s, their LR Rifle, their Nock On matching blinged out bows, Mtn Ops flat brim?

Rubicon Jeeps with dual lockers, 37s, Warn recovery system....oh...don't forget the roof rack tent thingy with the ladder.....so the lions in Africa don't eat your ass! Even tho those poor tires have never seen dirt.

Or is it everyone WANTS to be an Operator? TactiCool? I work in Law Enforcement. I've seen some of the biggest pussies, who don't work out, couldn't do ONE pull up or bench their body weight, shoot like absolute shit....show up with Tactical Tomahawks, Shemags, Multi Cam everything, punch knives, 16 tourniquets, etc. Again....WTF?

Shot at a semi public range this weekend. The numbers of expensive semi production rifles on the line was staggering. Optics more than my entire rig. And two Skinny Jean poseurs high 5ing after hitting a 36" plate at 600 yards...No LRF, no ballistic Ap, nada. Realize it's their money and "Right", but for what? An Instagram post?

Is this just "Sportsman's Warehouse......set me up with the whole schmear.....I've got more money than God....put a whole rig together. I don't care what it cost......I'll be there at 3pm and I expect to walk out Chris Kyle"

Many posts and comments seem to floor me. I guess 9th Graders need to obtain guidance and information on things they can't afford and will never purchase also?

I guess it's the beauty of living in the Country we do and having that Freedom. I'm extremely grateful and practice gratitude daily. I'm personally in a great spot. Love life. Love my close circle of who and what I have. Just extremely underwhelmed with 90% of modern people and society. Maybe I'm a day away from trying to buy a Whammy Burger and fries?

This place has changed a lot. I can't say for better or worse - the "gotta have new, look at me" guys make great deals in the classifieds!

Member numbers were under 5k when I signed up.

Outlaw99

WKR
Ummm...I’m not sure what a whammy burger is....but it doesn’t sound like an approved item conducive to maintaining a proper mountain fit diet...it may slow down your next CrossFit workout. Also, I’m not sure if Ozonics will remove that smell from your kuiu’s should you accidentally spill. 👍

I think it is funny that the scale is tipped so far in both directions. One one hand, you have the guys who have the baddest shit made and every upgrade. On the other hand, you have the guys who try to prove that you do not need any of that shit and brag about killing animals with just a loin cloth, grandpa's 30-30 and a pile of shit pick up truck. haha To each their own, like MT100 said, the classifieds are a busy place on here now. I think we all have things that bother us and you just vocalized yours'. Me, I can not stand guys who wear matching camo. I make it a point to always mismatch, I think it makes me not look like such a tool with my Sitka, Kuiu, Swaro's, Mathews bow, long range rig and tricked out side by side. hahahaha

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Goes with the Whammy fries and shake before MD goes AS in Falling Down...

View attachment 150335

LMFAO!!! Finally someone else with the Falling Down references!

On a side note, I can't speak to half of what you mentioned, but I can concur bigtime about the "tacticool" crowd. 22 years MIL/FED LEO its EVERYWHERE! I'll leave it at that-because my opinion may make a snowflake or 2 butthurt.
Sometimes people should just embrace who they are.

OP
J
LMFAO!!! Finally someone else with the Falling Down references!

On a side note, I can't speak to half of what you mentioned, but I can concur bigtime about the "tacticool" crowd. 22 years MIL/FED LEO its EVERYWHERE! I'll leave it at that-because my opinion may make a snowflake or 2 butthurt.
Sometimes people should just embrace who they are.
So this semi resonates with you and I am not alone on Asshole Island?

hflier

WKR
Being one of the first to sign up on this forum, I agree the complexion has changed. There are still lots of guys on the forum that are great and I am all for new members trying to learn. We all have been there. What is missing is the hardcore folks that started the board in the first place. They have all moved on to more success etc. and it has left a hole. The site is so gear centered and not as much centered on discussing hunts and strategies etc. I am one of the biggest gear junkies there is, but I would much rather read about guys hunt experiences and strategies than read about gear. Gear is personal and either works for you or doesn't, but you don't really know till you go.

Ron

OP
J
In the Shooting and Loading forums, most of the savvy guys grew tired of the drivel and left. I would guess much the same in the other forums.

People grow tired of the "What's a good load for the 30-06" questions and I am sure there are comparable questions on Boots for sure, and shelters, and......

OP
J
Jesse Jaymes has delivered FESTIVUS!! Airing of the Grievances shall commence!

"I live in Ohio and walk some paved trails around Columbus on my lunch break....what are you guys carrying for bear defense? I have a lowered and flared G40 with a 2 oz Poseidon Armament trigger and Zeus industry 8" barrel. I had Steve at Never-ending Ammo supply custom make me a 48 round magazine"

syoungs

FNG
Ive got friends that spend more on guns and optics then I can fathom, and cant shoot worth a dang. I keep trying to tell them they gotta spend some of that money on ammo so they can actually start shooting, but ammo isn't as sexy as a new rifle.
At least they are supporting wildlife via pitman Robertson, and some actually end up hunting. at a time where hunting recruitment is so low, Ill take the small wins.

Some people have claimed that I don't need a f350 with a powerstroke to go hunting, and they are right. But I do need the f350 and the powerstroke to haul my toy hauler and quads during the rest of the year. Cant afford a separate truck to go hunting, just so I don't look like a "bro".

I think the biggest problem is social media, everyone wants to be just like (insert their favorite hunter/gun nut here), and without guidance from more experienced sportsman, this is what we end up with. Id still much rather see that, and answer the whats a good 30-06 load questions then have recruitment drop and have even less of a fight in the politics that surround wildlife and conservation.

Now with that out of the way...

Whats a good load for a 6.5 creedmoor for hunting at 1000 yards? I don't want to spend to much cause its just ammo...

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
So this semi resonates with you and I am not alone on Asshole Island?

hahaha yes it absolutely resonates. What is funny is the "can't do a pull up" is one of my go to gripes when I get going on the sad state of affairs in LE these days. These guys show up to the range in all kinds of deployment gear/t shirts (having never served let alone go downrange) one dude had a go pro on his boot...W.....T.....F????
The last course I ran I spoke of the difference between "looking the part" and actually being ABLE and WILLING to do the job...finally, don't ask a group of men these days to raise their hands if they have never been punched in the face-you will be disturbed. (although that is precisely what it wrong with the world today-I'm sure you've met one of my pencil neck dweeb buddies. He is driving a sissy car texting on his phone, cuts you off, then when you beep-he gives YOU the finger.) Now what little Timmy didn't account for, is there are a few people that live and die by principal still left. Yes, I will cut off my nose to spite my face-or in this case risk a lot to make the world right by having a chat with the guy who will never give the finger again. Ok-I gotta shut up here or I'll be the next one in time out.....

As far as the island goes, I've been on AH Island so long, I named a volleyball Wilson-

jmav58

WKR
"I live in Ohio and walk some paved trails around Columbus on my lunch break....what are you guys carrying for bear defense? I have a lowered and flared G40 with a 2 oz Poseidon Armament trigger and Zeus industry 8" barrel. I had Steve at Never-ending Ammo supply custom make me a 48 round magazine"
Lmao. 48 round magazine.

Rmauch20

WKR
First, I really hope your day gets better.
That rant was pretty awesome though. The only thing that drives me crazy and it’s not just isolated to the hunting world is that’s when people take a truck and make it look like it is some off Roading super machine, but in reality it never leaves pavement.

Rob5589

WKR

Surprised you feel 10% of society is still decent. I deal with the public every shift and am disappointed day after day at the downturn of our society.
Anyway, I have to finish reloading my 6.5 prc and ironing my Kuiu. Check back later after my wod.