Powder Measure

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, after letting a buddy use my rcbs comp powder measure he is looking for a good powder measure. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent ones in stock anywhere or if anyone might have one they are looking to get rid off/or what you would recommend. Its going to be used for hunting rifles.

Thanks, John

JFK

WKR
I have a Hornady model. Works fine, however I set mine to just below my charge then always trickle up to exactly what my charge is to be dead on down to the tenth of a grain. I believe most those powder dispensers are good to within a few tenths + or -

OP
J

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Hornady model. Works fine, however I set mine to just below my charge then always trickle up to exactly what my charge is to be dead on down to the tenth of a grain. I believe most those powder dispensers are good to within a few tenths + or -
Yep same thing I do!!

bsnedeker

WKR
I have the rcbs charge master lite. Works great. Available and in stock at Amazon right now. Throws the exact charge 9 times out of ten, goes a tenth or 2 over every once in a while and I pull a couple granules out with a pair of tweezers.

I'm not understanding why you would manually trickle every charge... isn't that the whole point of getting an automatic one? Do you not trust the scale and use another scale for finishing it off?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
J

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have an electric one. I set mine as close or just below and have to trickle a couple tenths. Doesn’t really bother me to take an extra 2 seconds to trickle a little bit. I’m not reloading 1000s of rounds. Looking for something for my buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I don’t have an electric one. I set mine as close or just below and have to trickle a couple tenths. Doesn’t really bother me to take an extra 2 seconds to trickle a little bit. I’m not reloading 1000s of rounds. Looking for something for my buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ooooh, duh! Of course I did the same when I used my manual one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I used to have the RCBS but got tired of adjusting the barrel. Have and like the Redding with micrometer adjustment of the barrel, because I use different charge weights a lot. While the micrometer numbers don't exactly correlate to grains, they are repeatable over time.

MThuntr

WKR
I have an RCBS Chargemaster that has served me well for about 5 years but recently noticed it's starting to wander 0.1 grains. Someone who is smarter than me said my reloading room is too cold (no vents in this room and it gets cold in the winter) and I probably have some "line interference" so I need to add a ferrite choke to the power cord. So if you go RCBS it may be wise to order a ferrite choke and make sure your reloading room is warm.

Strongly considering spending money I don't have on one of the AutoTricklers and A&D scale for precision I don't need but OCD says I need.

bradb

WKR
Harrells as rayporter listed. Of course since I got my AutoTrickler I have not used it