Votes: 32 13.2%
  • Craftsman

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Hilti

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

grfox92

WKR
You could disagree but I’ll still not change what I know and see. I work large jobs, malls, car dealerships, schools. I’m mot saying other tools don’t exist but they don’t seem as powerful or to have similar quality. I also must add Dewalt brushless stuff is not even remotely clunky.
As I said I think Milwaukee is good, they’re just weak.
Day in day out Dewalt lasts when used and abused. Proof is in the pudding made up by many men.
You’ve got to add diversity as well. Idk all the other manufacturers stuff but I’ve def not seen the diversity Dewalt has. It is possible though I just don’t know. To each his own, I’m not arguing just telling you what I see among a giant population that uses them.
Guys that’s everything, we can’t know lots unless there’s lots of experience. If someone has it and sees different so be it but 1,2,10 guys in a shop is not the same as hundreds and thousands. Some of the jobs I’m on actually have hundreds of guys.
Im trying to convince no one just stating opinion the way I see it.
I use DeWalt. But I couldn't disagree more about Milwaukee being weak. Their impacts drive faster, their circular saw cuts faster, their oscilating tool is far more aggressive. And not by a little by an extremely noticable margin.

I find Milwaukee's impact drivers are almost too fast for my liking. I don't know the torque specs either, DeWalt could be rated higher, but they don't perform better.

I use DeWalt everyday and will most likely stick with them as they take a beating and are good tools, and it's what my boss uses. Buy every time I get a Milwaukee in my hands I have pause for thought.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
Reminder before a guy digs his heels in too much pushing a brand...DeWalt, Milwaukee etc have not been tool manufacturers or companies for over 20yrs. The name is the only thing those tools have in common with what they made in the 80's & 90's. Modern day junk from all of them is disposable.

That yellow saw is coming from the same place as a $40 black and Decker, Milwaukee from the same place as Ryobi & Ridgid.....we'd be putting our heads in the sand to think that there is not some part interchanging going on there.
Sorry but you are wrong on this. It's a common misconception. Black and Decker own DeWalt. TTI owns Milwaukee, Ridgid and Ryobi. I know reps from both companies. They don't share and interchange any parts. Milwaukee and Ridgid share battery technology, but that's it. Each brand has their own R and D.

Coldtrail

WKR
Sorry but you are wrong on this. It's a common misconception. Black and Decker own DeWalt. TTI owns Milwaukee, Ridgid and Ryobi. I know reps from both companies. They don't share and interchange any parts. Milwaukee and Ridgid share battery technology, but that's it. Each brand has their own R and D.

For the sake of all of us I hope that's true, but I dont trust salesman & the conspiracy theorist in me is thinking it just doesnt seem realistic to think that a manufacturer would build similar tools but decide the big name gets better quality bearings, switches, cords etc than the lesser models before they ship them to the US. My experience with my 25yr old yellow saw is that I got 15yrs out of the first switch, had to replace it with the "updated factory switch" now do an annual replacement and keep an extra switch in the toolbox on standby....something changed.

Not saying im right and you are wrong, just that something is different since the tools left the US and its not in favor of the US consumer.

grfox92

WKR
I think that the quality of everything is just way less then it was 20 years ago. I have used a new black and decker jig saw and have used a new DeWalt jig saw. They are worlds apart.

My boss needed a new switch for his $700 DeWalt tile saw. I witnessed him call DeWalt to order a new one, he was on speaker phone and I could not believe what I heard. A guy, from India by the sounds of it, gave my boss 4 different websites where he could buy a replacement switch. Some of them off brand generics. But none of them were coming directly from DeWalt, all third party. You could literally hear the guy pounding away on his keyboard as my boss read him the part number. The guy googled the part number and advised him where he could buy a generic part. I was shocked to say the least.

Coldtrail

WKR
Far cry from the days of seeing the milwaukee tool rep at the lumber yard and telling him one of their saws bit the dust and getting handed a new one.....

What power tools are you guys using? What tool brand do you feel is best?

i usually just google best “ tool “ sawzall, skill saw, etc for 2021 and buy whichever one pops up the most as the best.

seems like Milwaukee has the biggest following.

most of my searches come up with dewalt and actually Bosch so that’s what I have most of.

Im a bin builder and carpenter have tried du wa
What power tools are you guys using? What tool brand do you feel is best?

i usually just google best “ tool “ sawzall, skill saw, etc for 2021 and buy whichever one pops up the most as the best.

seems like Milwaukee has the biggest following.

most of my searches come up with dewalt and actually Bosch so that’s what I have most of.

Thanks
Milwaukee hands down. Duwalt would not hold a charge in - temperatures and makita couldn't handle the abuse. I build grain silos and general carpentry only charge my batteries once a night. Boys have overheated them, dropped them, got wet never had an issue. ( fuel is amazing regular ones break like any other brand.

Attachments

• 20210517_141234.jpg
    20210517_141234.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210517_141303.jpg
    20210517_141303.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 60

Trr15

WKR
I guess I’m a Dewalt guy since I’m pretty heavily invested in their 20v tool line, but I picked up a Milwaukee Pack Out 3 toolbox set up at Home Depot today on a whim, and I’ve gotta say this thing is badass. Build quality is better than any of the similar setups from other manufacturers and the accessories are endless.

Q child

WKR
I’ve got Milwaukee 18v and 12v. 12v stuff in 2021 is crazy, obviously not for every job, but they put in some work.

I just bought a 20v brushless DeWalt impact driver. It is nice, but I like my 8 or 9 year old Ridgid impact better. Little better trigger response and more torque.

I have a 20v DeWalt grease gun, which is why I picked up the impact. Have 3 batteries now, which is great to keep in rotation on charge during big projects. The DeWalt grease gun is awesome and a huge time saver.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Makita guy here and they added a nice blower to their 18v lineup.It’s powerful and about 1/3rd the noise factor of my good commercial 2 stroke backpack blower.