PPQ Q5 Match vs SF

Blue01

FNG
G’day All,
I’m a newb here so thought I’d dip my toe in and draw on the wealth of knowledge here. Being a bloody Aussie a lot of you will know we have some restrictive gun regs here... so the shear numbers in the US mean you have a hell of a head start on road testing various firearms.
Anyway I’m looking to start practical pistol shooting and have been wadding through the 100’s of options. I guess at the moment I‘m thinking it’s between 2 guns, the Walther PPQ Q5 Match and the CZ 75 SP-1 Shadow 2.
I hoping there’s some input regarding the operational differences between the polymer PPQ Q5 Match and the Steel Frame version? There’s a significant price difference here and to date I’m struggling to see the added value in terms of reset speed, stability etcbut am happy to convinced otherwise by anyone that’s had experience shooting both.
a couple of things to bare in my are that I’m no pistol shooting pro and if I went with the standard Q5 I’d add a magwell (Taylor freelance good?)
Id really appreciate any input if you have the time and inclination 👍🏻
Cheers
Matt

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Taylor Freelance makes good stuff. So does Springer Precision and the Henning Group. Ben Stoeger Pro Shop is also a good place to look for parts. I've handled the SF Walther and prefer it over the polymer. I do have a Shadow 2, and that pistol I love. I did full Cajun Gunworks internals and their barrel bushing. It gave me around a 5lb DA trigger pull and around a 2lb SA trigger pull. Either one will work well for IPSC or USPA style shooting. The Walther puts you in Limited, where as the Shadow 2 can be shot in limited or production. Both guns can have the slides milled for a dot if you wanted to go that route.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
B

Blue01

FNG
Taylor Freelance makes good stuff. So does Springer Precision and the Henning Group. Ben Stoeger Pro Shop is also a good place to look for parts. I've handled the SF Walther and prefer it over the polymer. I do have a Shadow 2, and that pistol I love. I did full Cajun Gunworks internals and their barrel bushing. It gave me around a 5lb DA trigger pull and around a 2lb SA trigger pull. Either one will work well for IPSC or USPA style shooting. The Walther puts you in Limited, where as the Shadow 2 can be shot in limited or production. Both guns can have the slides milled for a dot if you wanted to go that route.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Many thanks for taking the time and the good info, much appreciated. Your points regarding the Shadow 2 are compelling. More food for thought thanks 👍🏻