Prana Zion pants

slinginbc

FNG
I’m planning on getting the prana Zion pants but can’t decide between the regular or straight fit. What are your experiences? I’m 6’3” 190lbs, don’t like too slim or too baggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santa

FNG
Regular stretch Zion for me. I also hate too slim or too baggy. (6'1, 180 here). The regular fits me perfectly. Man, those are great pants. Just got back from a week of hiking in the Pac NW and wore them everyday.

Hondo

WKR
Straight fit. I thought they might be too loose in the lower leg for my liking when I got my first pair but they are not. Plus I don't own any flat brim caps.

Oregonboy

WKR
The legs on the regular were too wide for my liking. The straights fit me much better. I'm 5'9, 165, athletic build.

I have both. I like regular for hunting and outdoors. The straight/slim aren't too slim, but I use those mostly for urban/suburban adventures....

Tahoe1305

WKR
Haha. Even divide!

I had same debate and have the regular. I made the right choice for my build. I have a 30” waist and bigger legs than most with a tiny waist so I am positive the straights would have been too tight. The regular are a tad loose but not baggy and will leave enough room for maybe a base layer if I hunt in them.

Lookout85

FNG
Just tried the straight and they were too tight in the thighs. Switching to regular fit. I’m about 5’10” 175.

No one ever measures their calf. That's the main thing I've found that I care about when ordering different fits for pants. It's always waist size....except the waist is only part of how the fit is typically. Anyway, I have a 16" calf and went with the regular fit and I am happy with that. I am 5'9 200 lbs and a 36" waist with man thighs for whatever that matters. I've also found that if you plan on wearing them over boots or just wear casual shoes is important. Also important is if you have a man bun, if so go with straight all day.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I'm 6'0 170lbs and prefer the regular fit for hiking. I don't find them too baggy.

bsnedeker

WKR
The regular for sure for me at least. Due to a history of blood clots my lower leg on the left swells up over the course of the day. I have bought the straights before as they tend to be on-sale more often than the regulars and they were WAY to tight on my legs. In general I prefer a looser fitting pants.

6’3” #250 38” jeans here. I do a bit of squatting so skinny jeans aren’t my thing. The 38 Zion shorts fit my waist but I went 40 for extra room In the ass.

so... I had a couple of pair of regular Zion shorts I really liked so when I was in LA on business, I stopped by a prana store to grab another pair and buy the Long pants. I tried the straight fits in 38 and 40. I couldnt get the 38 pulled up over my mid thigh and the 40 looked like yoga pants. If I was your build I might have been able to pull it off. As it is, that cute sales lady at the prana store got a good laugh and I walked out with a set of regular fit.

Trial153

WKR
Regular are Not baggy at all. The straight are too narrow around my lower legs, and tight in the thighs and crotch. Zion's arent my favorite pants by far, but i can get by with the regulars for day to day stuff. The straight....no way.

xcutter

WKR
I prefer the regular fit. Only trouble I have is consistency in the waist sizing. Sometimes the waist is really snug then others are falling off me. Great pant though. I wear a pair almost every day.

Leroy91

FNG
I am pretty lanky. 6'4" 185lb. Wear a 33x36 Zion. Found the straight too tight, especially for active hunting. Regular cut is perfect in the thighs, but maybe just a titch baggy in the calf. Just found the Straight too cozy, although not restrictive because they are quite stretchy regardless of the cut.