Prana zion

Pgohil

WKR
What's the big deal about these pants? I hear how everybody loves them. But I'm not understanding why. I bought a pair and they're nice but I don't think they're super special for the price they command. Can somebody help me out and tell me why these are such an awesome pant?

Thanks.

PGohil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Dhbwa

WKR
My .02
Beside the flex material (breathes and drys quickly) with good thickness (durability)....Built in belt, good pocket design.

I won’t buy more only because they fit to sloppy except for hunting and working outside which is what I do with one pair. Same with EB Guide pants. For hunting I use Kuiu Attack in Camo and have gray and black for casual as they fit better. For my job I use the Wrangler version from Walmart at ~$22...

Trial153

WKR
I have three pairs. For an everyday pant they are fine. For a hunting pant...not so much. The pockets suck, fairly use less. They are light weight, not warm at all. Comfortable for sure however they aren’t very durable. They might work for lopes early August....other then that mine won’t see any more hunting time. I have one pair I wore for like 4 days on an early season mule deer hunt, and another couple days on a caribou hunt. They have pulls all over them and that wasn’t in particularly tough country. For a hunting pants they are so far down my list that they aren’t on it.

dariian

FNG
I have a pair I use when it's warm. I wouldn't use them when it's cold at all. For the price they are great, otherwise I'd choose my KUIU attack pant over them most of the time.

rm06

WKR
There are countless threads expounding the virtues of these pants and as with anything, it has its fair share of detractors. What works for one person may not for another. I try to make my decisions based of my needs and the feedback of those I trust, it isn't science, it's opinion. I haven't tried everything out there and don't plan to but the Zions work for me because of the material, fit and seasons I hunt. I don't base my pants decisions around pockets because I dislike having a bunch of crap in my pockets.

tlkaetz

WKR
I prefer the Prana Zioneer pants over the Zions. Same pant just without the ridiculously large pocket on the leg.

RCL

WKR
Been using the Zions for a long time and they work well for me.
Easy to find on sale and good color options.
Material has just enough stretch and they dry pretty fast.

blkqi

WKR
I think if you buy them when they are about 50% off retail (often) then you will see the value.

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
They are soooo comfy! Great for the drive out, but not what I hunt in. Plus even if I'm apparently in the minority, I still love hunting in camo.....just makes it feel better...like I'm hunting!

Kotaman

WKR
I wear them for work but wouldn’t consider wearing mine hunting. I have to agree, I don’t love them either.

Tailz190

FNG
I have the Zion convertibles and the kuiu attacks - I love them both - both have their uses and limitations- Imo the Zions are more fore open country sparse forest , trails etc. the attacks are more of a typical hunting pant that is very comfortable but where I whitetail hunt they can’t take the abuse - wore them twice and they were torn up pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
I just “feel” like I’m wearing dress pants when I’m wearing Prana’s...I just can’t be comfortable hunting in dress pants. :cool:

Broomd

WKR
I prefer the Prana Zioneer pants over the Zions. Same pant just without the ridiculously large pocket on the leg.

Love the huge pocket! On the rare occasion I pack an iphone it fits perfectly.
Prana zions are the best pants made in mho...I wear them daily around the ranch and everywhere else.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
From what I've read the material sounds very similar to the Propper STLs I have. I've found them on sale a few times for pretty cheap. Even at retail they are less than the Zions at like $40-$50 I think.
I like my STLs, the pocket layout is great. Useful, but not oversized cargo pockets, nice large hip and back pockets. I don't like how the back pockets have multiple layers, but it's not really a problem, just would be lighter if they didn't put a pocket in a pocket so to speak.

Anyone have both and compared them?

Steel Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I think they are great for my needs and the cut fits me well. I don’t pay full price as you can usually find a sale. The pockets aren’t great and I wish they were a little more durable. But for the lrice they sre fine.

I like mine, and used pretty exclusively over my attacks last season. I hate stuff in my pockets so don't really care about that aspect, and have piled through buck brush like crazy with mine and they hold up pretty well. I can wear them as casual pants and wear to work 2x per week(or more if my laundry service(me) is quick.)

I don't wear in cold weather and do like my attacks as well, but they are a great all-around pant. I haven't paid much for mine. Got one pair "free" (REI Points...so not really) and paid $37 for the other at GovX(also used points).

They aren't for everyone but they "fit" me and my purposes pretty well. Plus you can also buy in odd waist sizes.

I wear mine any day im not in work clothes. The side pockets,...mehh,..not so much concern when hunting, bc ive usuallly got my chest rig and pack. Search around enough you can find them on sale for anywear from 45 to 65 bucks. I do think they may not be for everyone but i love them. They allow for full range of movement and are very light. And who doesnt love a gusseted crotch for ventilation?!

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’m a big fan as well, I wear a pair about any day of the week. I hunt in them as well as hike, scout, etc and wear them around town and work daily. The side pocket is the perfect size for my phone, that’s about all I carry in it. They have proven very durable for me. Ive got pairs that have outlasted Kryptek Valhalla’s (and the krypteks were only worn on hunts, while the pranas have seen daily wear and washings as well as hunting trips). I’ve never paid retail for them. I’ve got them on sale for as little as $38 a pair, you just have to keep an eye out for online deals and check clearance racks at REI and other outdoor gear shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jspradley

WKR
I think if you buy them when they are about 50% off retail (often) then you will see the value.

I've only paid full price for one pair and I'm still beating the crap out of them 4 years later. Prana Zions and Bridger jeans are pretty much the only pants I wear.

The only downside ive seen is they aren't that great for cold weather but that's why I have my Sitka Timberlines.