Preference points sold for profit?

Would you sell your points for profit if it was legal?

• Total voters
People already sell or barter with points now.

The only catch is you have to apply with the person, so you don’t actually get all the points.

It’s fairly common

Terrible...in 5 years you would need 25 pts to draw WY general elk tag....We will end up right back where we are now but it will take 4x the points to draw the same tag.

I voted terrible. If it were legal I would not sell, but would buy if I could afford it. Which I doubt.

But for chits and giggles.

All sales brokered through states F&G dept. can only charge per point whatever the state is currently charging. Get caught cheating the system and both lose all points held for all species.

Seller can only sell 1 species points. Ever.

Seller must sell all the points he holds in 1 transaction to a single buyer.

Seller ineligible from purchasing pref points for 5 years post sale. For that species.

Buyer may only purchase from 1 seller in a calendar year.

Buyer can only purchase 1 species. Ever.

A buyer can never sell points for a species in which he has bought some from another individual.

Any person residing at an address that receives landowner tags is ineligible from selling.

I am really just playing here. I don’t like the idea.
Think it provides too much opportunity for scams and shady deals.

What would prevent an anti-hunting organization with deep pockets from buying and banking points to take them out of circulation, or cashing them in to buy licenses to toss in the trash and prevent hunting as consequence? Also kiss any chance you have of drawing a good tag goodbye unless you are wealthy. There needs to be an option not just for terrible, but for f$^&*Ng atrocious idea.

What would prevent an anti-hunting organization with deep pockets from buying and banking points to take them out of circulation, or cashing them in to buy licenses to toss in the trash and prevent hunting as consequence? Also kiss any chance you have of drawing a good tag goodbye unless you are wealthy. There needs to be an option not just for terrible, but for f$^&*Ng atrocious idea.
I kinda see where your going with this and it has probably been thought of before, but ..... buying points doesn't take tags out of circulation, applying for and drawing a tag does. Just seems like a very slow way to pull said tags out of circulation by drawing them but some may know more about it than myself.

I kinda see where your going with this and it has probably been thought of before, but ..... buying points doesn't take tags out of circulation, applying for and drawing a tag does. Just seems like a very slow way to pull said tags out of circulation by drawing them but some may know more about it than myself.
Just based on the thought that if the going rate for points in such a system was say $100, and an organization had 25 committed people who took purchased points and applied for every single tag they could, in every state, and committed absurd point balances to the effort. Now take 100 such companies making a similar effort and you would probably see the end of things like CO mtn goat, bighorn and moose hunting. They could essentially flood the draws. Either way, this is just speculation of the kind of chaos such a system would cause, and the pain it would cause your average working-class hunters.

I’d buy em… don’t know who said it famously years ago but I hate to see that hunting is becoming a rich man’s sport. I am personally happy to outbid someone for extra opportunities but as hunting gets out of reach for some in the masses that means less hunters. Less hunters means an easier pathway for anti hunters. It’s what they want.

Since the dawn of this forum, and the others like it....hunting has become a once or twice in a lifetime event. It used to be a way of life.

The forums, social media, etc have done more damage to your opportunity than all the antis combined, in the history of the world.

Back