Preferred time of season to hunt mule deer

Given the option would you guys rather hunt mid/ late October rifle opener or mid/ late November rut ?

nphunter

WKR
Last week of Oct. first week of Nov. is when I see the most biggest bucks. Bucks move way more while cruzing for doe than after they lock down on a hot doe.
It also depends on the area, if it's a migration corridor typically the later you go the more bucks show up.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Early season, august-september. Wasn't an option but that's my favorite season. It's easier to find bucks in November than october of the two you mentioned though. Just a lot harder or nearly impossible to hunt scouted bucks in november depending on how far north or south you are talking in their range.

OP
G
Other factors. Plenty of pressure. Not mountain area . More open / coulee

nphunter

WKR
If it's winter range I would say the later you go the better. Just because it's the rut doesn't mean big deer will be visible and stupid. Find spots hidden from others that take a little effort to get into and you should find some bucks.

BluMtn

WKR
Love late November. Its cold and a little snow usually. And you can sit and just watch the world go by and watch bucks roam looking for does. And when the mood strikes you and you find a buck you like, you shoot.

wytx

WKR
Last week in Oct, big bucks are travelling around looking for harems.
We don't have many Nov mule deer hunts to draw so we make Oct work.
Mature bucks will be staging with doe groups last week in Oct where we hunt.