Problem with Outdoorsman stud install on Swaro 15x56 SLC’s

JustinPNW

FNG
Hey all,

I just bought a Swaro stud to put on my 15x56 SLC’s and I’m running into an issue with installation. The binos have a torx set screw underneath the cap where the stud is supposed to screw. Am I supposed to take that out?

I tried to unscrew it, but it seems to make the whole folding bino mechanism very loose and then hits a stop where it won’t unscrew anymore.

What am I missing? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
can you provide some pictures of the issue? When you take the swaro cap off the front it should screw directly into the front of the hinge.

OP
J

JustinPNW

FNG
There are larger threads that are the diameter of the bore on the binos, but the stud isn’t threaded on the outside…only what looks like a 1/4-20” in the center.

The hole that I’m expecting that to thread into is currently occupied by a set screw.

I’ll get some pics posted when I get back home. Sorry about that!

OP
J

JustinPNW

FNG
Here are the pics:

19587e3807f8dc7939ce090b8b59f000.jpg

d8727b15042b7ee47d94e3f89ef712bf.jpg

RyanC

WKR
Did you buy those SLCs used? You're missing a piece on your binos. There should be a piece there that utilizes those threads on the outside under the removable cap. That piece (seen on the left in the picture) is what you screw the Outdoorsmans bino stud into. Hope that makes sense.

IMG_1053.jpg

OP
J

JustinPNW

FNG
Did you buy those SLCs used? You're missing a piece on your binos. There should be a piece there that utilizes those threads on the outside under the removable cap. That piece (seen on the left in the picture) is what you screw the Outdoorsmans bino stud into. Hope that makes sense.

View attachment 442069

Ah ha! Thanks, Ryan…that was it. I did buy them used and the seller had the Swaro stud installed. When I unscrewed it that base part came with it, so I didn’t even know it existed.

Done! Nice and easy…thanks again!

RyanC

WKR
Oh good. Glad you had that piece.

Best of luck to ya this fall.

Ryan