Professional Bowhunters Society Odd-Year Gathering in March 2017

Moderators, if this isn't allowed please remove it, but I thought out bowhunting eastern members might be interested...

PBS Appalachian Region OYG, March 17-19, 2017

The Appalachian region of the Professional Bowhunters Society will again hold its 2017 Odd Year Gathering at Baltimore Bowmen! Come and join us on Friday, March 17th through Sunday the 19th at Baltimore Bowmen, the home of the Baltimore Bowmen Traditional Classic (BBTC) for shooting, fellowship, and a general good time. It doesn't matter if you shoot modern tackle or traditional either.

You can get there early on Friday morning if you want and stay through Sunday late afternoon. As usual, we will have some excellent and challenging 3D courses laid out, a seminar or two, raffles and auctions, an intro to the PBS for those who don't know much about us, and of course excellent fellowship.

We will also be holding our Second Annual Chili Cookoff...so bring your best recipe and let us see what cha' got!!! For those who bring their families, downtown Baltimore is just 30 minutes away and has shopping, a Hard Rock Cafe restaurant, the National Aquarium, Maryland Science Center, and four historic ships that include the USS Consitution and the USS Torsk, a WWII submarine.

For more information contact me, Larry Schwartz, by email at [email protected] or by phone on 443.994.1098.

Directions and area hotels are listed on the Baltimore Bowmen website here Baltimore Bowmen Inc. and Baltimore Bowmen Inc..

See you all there!!!

OP
L
5 hour plane flight so not in the cards for me....but I would be interested in a rundown on the PBS

Beendare, and anyone else,

Give me a call on my cell phone or use my email from the original post. I'll be glad to talk to you about the PBS.

In a nutshell it is a fraternal organization of bowhunters who are "professional" in how they approach bowhunting...hunting ethics, skill and fieldcraft/woodlore is more important than gadgets, using the right equipment for the hunt, that sort of thing. Although many of our members are leaders in the industry or are nationally known bowhunters the word "professional" does not mean that members bowhunt for a living. The vast majority of members are regular Joe, and Jane, bowhunters who set a good example for the others in the sport.

It was created a little over 50 years ago, in 1963, because the founding members saw too many people were getting into bowhunting using the same light tackle that they used for field archery, and they knew that there needed to be an organization to help educate the archery public about using ethical equipment and practices for our sport.

Larry

ethan

WKR
Sorry about the confusion Larry, I actually sent Beendare a pm about PBS.

OP
L
ttt

If you are a bowhunter in the mid-atlantic region you should really give this some thought. A great course to shoot, good food, and excellent fellowship with like minded bowhunters who understand the value of skill and woodcraft.

Larry

PNWGATOR

WKR
PBS is a fantastic organization that does tremendous work promoting and protecting archery seasons. Proud to be an associate member.

OP
L
5 hour plane flight so not in the cards for me....but I would be interested in a rundown on the PBS

Beendare,

I tried to PM you but you need to clear out some of your messages. Send me your phone number and I will give you a call to talk about the PBS.

Larry