Projectile limitations

First post from new member here. I’ve been lurking and getting info from here for about a year.

This inquiry popped into my head last night and I don’t know how to go about searching it online, mainly because I don’t know the correct terminology.

If you had 2 projectiles with identical outside dimensions, (length, width, taper, jacket thickness) however one weighed more than the other. Let’s just use the 147 eld-m vs the 100 eld-vt. (I know the vt has hollow spot)

Will the 147 spin apart at a lower rpm than the 100 since the 147 has more mass.

I hope that makes sense. This came from talking with a buddy of mine about how fast we could push his 6.5 prc with the 100grain eld-vt.

eoperator

WKR
that 100 grain sierra is gonna be way different than the 100 grain vt

I have load data…I’m just curious to the main question
I'm not sure of your specific question but 300k rpm is a generalized number bullets stat going poof. The vt's are relatively uncharted territory buy a box and see if they make it to the target.

An 8 twist at 3500fps is 315k rpm

OP
FowlMouthA400
I'm not sure of your specific question but 300k rpm is a generalized number bullets stat going poof. The vt's are relatively uncharted territory buy a box and see if they make it to the target.

An 8 twist at 3500fps is 315k rpm
If you had 2 projectiles with identical outside dimensions, (length, width, taper, jacket thickness) however one weighed more than the other. Let’s just use the 147 eld-m vs the 100 eld-vt. (I know the vt has hollow spot)

Will the 147 spin apart at a lower rpm than the 100 since the 147 has more mass.

Wrench

WKR
Jacket thickness and core hardness are going to be the wildcard. You're not going to pop a mono.

I have no idea other than it makes sense to me that it could. Due to having more mass i'd think it would take more force to take it from still to spinning at a certain RPM, that force is enacted via the rifling into the bullet jacket? (I struggled with physics in college so take it easy)