Pronghorn mounts

Rogue Bay

WKR
Seeing all of the great bucks on the Meat Pole thread has me dreaming, and I think pronghorn make some of the most beautiful mounts. I’d really like to see any pronghorn mounts you all have!

WCB

WKR
20191003_190910.jpg20150602_084710.jpg
First one is a buddies that my taxidermist did and I had at my house until he could pick it up.
Pedestal is my wife's spot and stalk archery goat. Here dad built the pedestal.

My goat is just a plain ole shoulder nothing special so no pictures.

OP
Rogue Bay

Rogue Bay

WKR
View attachment 600783View attachment 600784
First one is a buddies that my taxidermist did and I had at my house until he could pick it up.
Pedestal is my wife's spot and stalk archery goat. Here dad built the pedestal.

My goat is just a plain ole shoulder nothing special so no pictures.
Those are both great mounts! It’s amazing how many more form choices there are these days. Pronghorn are all so unique that there’s no such thing as a plain ole shoulder mount 😜.

Thanks for sharing!

TxLite

WKR
Also curious as to whether or not these are any more difficult to cape/preserve than a whitetail. Wife and I leave in 2 weeks for Wyoming

WCB

WKR
Also curious as to whether or not these are any more difficult to cape/preserve than a whitetail. Wife and I leave in 2 weeks for Wyoming
Keep blood off of them and DON'T GRAB THE HAIR to lift or move the animal. The hair pulls our very easy and in clumps. Move them by the horns or the legs...try not to drag.

TxLite

WKR
Just take care to keep as much blood of the cape as possible. Their hair is hollow and absorbs the blood.

Keep blood off of them and DON'T GRAB THE HAIR to lift or move the animal. The hair pulls our very easy and in clumps. Move them by the horns or the legs...try not to drag.

Thanks for the advice. Hoping I get to put it into practice

centershot

Lil-Rokslider
Some nice mounts. Be sure to keep them out of direct sunlight. The colors in their hair tends to fade much quicker than most animals.