Proof barrel not perfectly centered.

OP
Joshuajosh
^ I lol'd hard thinking about a "qualified gunsmith" actually giving a second opinion but i'm starting to feel a little guilty for internet picking on this kid. (I think he said he was 18?)

OP, I zoomed in and squinted at your pics pretty hard. I'm failing to see anything of concern. I wouldn't worry about a barrel channel gap not being absolutely perfect, it's really just aesthetics as long as it doesn't make contact with the barrel. There are getting to be more options now where they don't have a barrel channel at all anymore because it's a PITA to make it perfect and deal with a variety of contours. See manners LRH or greyboe pheonix and trekker for examples.
Just pointless rly but thank you anyways, I thinks it’s purely asthetics, it’s a very small difference side to side and the barrel channel already is not very uniform (easier to see in person)

Last edited:
The topless mirror profile picture doesn't really add to his gravitas, does it? Having said that, unless something is actually contacting the barrel this isn't an issue.

I honestly don't see much out of line in your pictures. Could be my old eyes just aren't good enough anymore. As others have suggested, shoot it, and if it shoots well, don't concern yourself with the slight variance in the gap alongside the barrel.

OP
Joshuajosh
I honestly don't see much out of line in your pictures. Could be my old eyes just aren't good enough anymore. As others have suggested, shoot it, and if it shoots well, don't concern yourself with the slight variance in the gap alongside the barrel.
Okay Thanks, appreciate it

gbflyer

WKR
Probably shoots fine but that’s poor workmanship on a $3000 msrp rifle. I don’t blame you for questioning it.

OP
Joshuajosh
Probably shoots fine but that’s poor workmanship on a $3000 msrp rifle. I don’t blame you for questioning it.
yup for the price i was surprised to see a crooked barrel channel even if its no that bad

BjornF16

WKR
Just make sure that there is no interference with your bolt closing completely.

I had to send a Manners stock back for rework. Entire rifled action was canted slightly to side resulting in barrel channel looking similar to yours. I couldn't completely close the bolt (was wearing on side of bolt slot in stock).

OP
Joshuajosh
Just make sure that there is no interference with your bolt closing completely.

I had to send a Manners stock back for rework. Entire rifled action was canted slightly to side resulting in barrel channel looking similar to yours. I couldn't completely close the bolt (was wearing on side of bolt slot in stock).
It seems to be warped slightly at the last 2 or so inches of the stock .... there is another part of the barrel channel that is not perfect, I think the stock just may have not came out well

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
Is the action bedded?
If it is someone did a piss poor job.
If it has not been bedded than get some Devcon or marine tex and center that bad boy up.

204guy

WKR
20210621_221309.jpg20210621_221230.jpgI has a slightly uneven barrel channel also. So I got some sand paper and evened it out. No big deal really.