Proposed NM Assault Weapon Ban

Scoot

WKR
Holy F, NM is Fd up! But... the whole country keeps on sliding down this miserable, slippery slope towards more urbanization and screwed up thinking. It's a sad, slow (but rapidly increasing) decline of America.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I read on another thread no body will do anything if you don’t comply. ………. I don’t believe it, but that’s what I was told
Over 80 county sheriffs in Illinois said they will not enforce new law that restricts over 170 types of firearms and places restrictions on magazine capacity. Thank god for a few of the good guys.

Go and tell the people in the north central part of the state they can't have a semi-auto any more.

Good luck with that...

Holy F, NM is Fd up! But... the whole country keeps on sliding down this miserable, slippery slope towards more urbanization and screwed up thinking. It's a sad, slow (but rapidly increasing) decline of America.

What's even more disturbing is that we're forced to fund it.

Moving to old mexico is sounding better and better the older i get,if this shit starts in Oklahoma it will be sooner than later.

RAAAR

FNG

“Santa Fe County Rep. Andrea Romero is behind the proposal. According to her bill, assault weapons are generally defined as semi-automatic shotguns, pistols, and rifles that can fire several bullets in quick succession.”

According to this bill, a turkey gun and a Glock = you’re a felon.
I have came to the conclusion that I'll follow the laws just as well as "they" do.

It just blows my mind that they think banning certain types of firearms will stop mass shootings. Don’t they realize that if someone has made up their mind to hurt/maim/kill other people then they will find a way. The rural counties will never accept MLG’s idiotic liberalism. Everything is determined by Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Just like most states, everything is determined by the more populated cities.

dtrkyman

WKR
One of the illinois morons even said it wouldn't stop the crime, so whats the point a hole?

It is all ridiculous, I moved to new Mexico from Illinois and the politics are nearly the same!

Over 80 county sheriffs in Illinois said they will not enforce new law that restricts over 170 types of firearms and places restrictions on magazine capacity. Thank god for a few of the good guys.
Still a bunch of counties and municipalities that will….unfortunately. Let’s be real rural elected county sheriffs are completely different then Urban Municipalities.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Still a bunch of counties and municipalities that will….unfortunately. Let’s be real rural elected county sheriffs are completely different then Urban Municipalities.
Correct, that is where all the gang bangers live, I doubt they will abide by the law, and won't give a damn about it. So in reality, as it is with most anti gun laws, the only ones who are effected by it are the law biding citizens.

“We talked to hunters, we talked to, you know, gun enthusiast, these are the types of weapons that are only used in these mass shootings. Outside of that, you can’t hunt with them, you can’t you know, so there there really aren’t, you know, necessary to have for the safety and precaution that we’re trying to take in all of our communities across the state in the prevention of gun violence,” said Romero. “

What an incoherent idiot.

Someone get BHA on the phone and ask them when in the **** they will actually stand for hunters who use a semi-auto shotgun or AR-15 platform to hunt on those precious public lands.
Hahahaha, that hilarious, BHA challenge a progressive dem proposal. I’m sure Land Tawney and all his fanboys are really motivated to go against their progressive liberals pals. They wouldn’t touch the Colo wolf ballot initiative with a 1,000 mile pole. Maybe BHA’s gallant hero Sen Heinrich will break ranks with his NM dem colleagues and voice opposition to extending the ban to the most common small game hunting firearms. Yeah right, hahaha. He ain’t going near it either.

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
“We talked to hunters, we talked to, you know, gun enthusiast, these are the types of weapons that are only used in these mass shootings. Outside of that, you can’t hunt with them, you can’t you know, so there there really aren’t, you know, necessary to have for the safety and precaution that we’re trying to take in all of our communities across the state in the prevention of gun violence,” said Romero. “

Except for the fact semi-auto rifles are permitted in 48(?) out of 50 states. Many AR's are used for predator hunting. But this is all moot. The 2A IS not and NEVER was about hunting. Ever. Never ever. It was about an over reaching government run by power hungry elites. Just like Romero.

def90

WKR

Except for the fact semi-auto rifles are permitted in 48(?) out of 50 states. Many AR's are used for predator hunting. But this is all moot. The 2A IS not and NEVER was about hunting. Ever. Never ever. It was about an over reaching government run by power hungry elites. Just like Romero.

ARs come in all kinds of calibers, 308 being one of them. A lot of people.use .308, 6.5, and other caliber ARs to hunt big game.

Colorado Dems are assembling and about to introduce their own ban as well.

Brooks

WKR
Liberal dems in NM don’t care what anyone thinks anymore they do what they want. They are also wanting to make coyote hunting in the southern part of NM illegal to protect the Gray Wolf that might be mistaken for a coyote.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Every one of these elected officials take an oath of office which they swear to by affirming "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;". Yet, every chance they get they always seem to want to break that oath, and want to violate what the Constitution forbids them from doing, by "infringing" on 2nd Amendment rights. It's mindboggling quite frankly. That should immediately be treated as a fraudulent oath of office, and they should be impeached.