Proposed NM Assault Weapon Ban

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Which is exactly why they come up with these laws. They can't fully control an armed nation......regardless what Biden says. Apparently he's "for" providing F-15's to the public instead of AR-15's.

Flyjunky

WKR
This is all about political posturing. If all these people were truly interested in trying to prevent gun violence they would be trying to ban handguns. Handgun deaths far outweigh those from “assault weapons”.

They are starting with “assault weapons” because it’s an easier sell to people but when gun deaths don’t go down they will thenmove on to handguns because something “more” needs to be done. This is exactly how it went down in Canada.

Don’t be fooled, this isn’t about mass shootings, it’s about eventually getting rid of all guns.

This is all about political posturing. If all these people were truly interested in trying to prevent gun violence they would be trying to ban handguns. Handgun deaths far outweigh those from “assault weapons”.

They are starting with “assault weapons” because it’s an easier sell to people but when gun deaths don’t go down they will thenmove on to handguns because something “more” needs to be done. This is exactly how it went down in Canada.

Don’t be fooled, this isn’t about mass shootings, it’s about eventually getting rid of all guns.

Deaths in DWI/DUI related accidents do as well...

Flyjunky

WKR
Deaths in DWI/DUI related accidents do as well...
Along with knives and hands/feet. The biggest killer of people 18-45 is the fentanyl coming across our southern boarder, killing 100,00+ last year. How many years of mass shootings does it take to add up to just year of fentanyl deaths.

Until the motivation is taken away, no amount of gun laws is going to do any good.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Yep, if they were truly interested in the safety of the people they would close the border.
Then they would go after the cartel.
All this border/fentanyl/illegals B.S. could be stopped NOW.

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
The new Michigan proposals (HR6544, 6545, 6546) are also really bad. Very similar in what is termed an assault rifle (detachable mag, and one of a few features: heat shield, pistol grip etc) but two steps further in requiring registration and disallowing all long arms in public areas. State/federal land included. Would be pretty rough to catch a felony walking back to the truck with a rifle outside of hunting hours on public land.

IMO Guns are not for hunting. They are for use against tyrannical govt and invasion. Not looking good on both fronts.

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
Could you clarify this, I’m not sure of what you’re saying here.

Guns are used in hunting but are not solely tools of a hunter. More important use of these tools is defense of the people from tyrannical govts or invasion. The purpose of the 2nd amendment...

I mention this because many people are being taught that guns are hunting tools and this thought process needs to change IMO.

"The revolution will not be televised" or youtubed. It is currently being fought in children's schools.

Flyjunky

WKR
Guns are used in hunting but are not solely tools of a hunter. More important use of these tools is defense of the people from tyrannical govts or invasion. The purpose of the 2nd amendment...

I mention this because many people are being taught that guns are hunting tools and this thought process needs to change IMO.

"The revolution will not be televised" or youtubed. It is currently being fought in children's schools.
Gotcha, thanks.

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
Over 80 county sheriffs in Illinois said they will not enforce new law that restricts over 170 types of firearms and places restrictions on magazine capacity. Thank god for a few of the good guys.
Same in Michigan. Many departments have said they will not enforce anti 2nd amendment laws. That being said one of the new proposals (hr6544-6546) it makes the State Police in charge of defining what an assault rifle is in the future...

southLA

WKR
"A well regulated Group of Hunters, being necessary to the security of a Well-Fed State, the right of the people to keep and bear Double Barrel Shotguns, shall mostly not be infringed."

-Abraham Lincoln, 1859

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider

Couldn't agree more. I'd be careful with that pistol argument they have plenty of ammo. Canada is also a bad comparison to the US. They have never had real gun rights or liberty.

There will be a lot more gun deaths when only the govt has guns. It'll be a bloodbath for liberty and more likely than not many Americans too.

Flyjunky

WKR
Couldn't agree more. I'd be careful with that pistol argument they have plenty of ammo. Canada is also a bad comparison to the US. They have never had real gun rights or liberty.

There will be a lot more gun deaths when only the govt has guns. It'll be a bloodbath for liberty and more likely than not many Americans too.
I’m not saying I want to see a handgun ban, I’m just saying their reasoning is flawed as usual.

Yes, Canada doesn’t have a 2A but the path they used is the path being used here. Start with “assault weapons” knowing it won’t make a difference so they can now move on to handguns. It’s no different than a mag ban, principle is the same. Let’s say a 10 round ban goes into effect but doesn’t (won’t) make a measurable difference. They will come back and say we need to turn that into a 3 round mag limit. But let’s say it does make some kind of difference then they will say, “look at how good a mag capacity ban worked, I bet a 3 round limit will be even better”.