Provo area conditioning hikes?

Tango1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be working in the Provo area later this month and plan to add 2-3 extra days to hike/train/fly fish in the mountains. Can anyone suggest some high country trails in the area, maybe something with an overnight option? Most everything I find via standard online search seems geared towards local college student day hikes. Looking for something challenging and out of the way. I’m an experienced backcountry hunter and mountaineer who will have proper gear. Appreciate any help.

There's lots of good ones:

Y trail and beyond up that canyon (starts getting cool beyond the Y)
Go straight up the ridge on the mountain just south of the Y off trail. Came within 30 feet of some bighorns doing this.
Trail to the saddle past Vivian Park. You start at the park at the end of the side road at Vivian. This is my favorite. Cascade Saddle is the name maybe. You can keep going beyond the saddle towards Cascade.
Big Baldy/little Baldy or if you're really a mountaineer then Mt Timp from the front side (the side you can see from Provo) off trail.

Have a ball. Find any big mountain that you like around the area and go climb it.

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
I concur with the above suggestions. You can also just pick a mountain and go. Late May will still have several feet of snow above 8500. Another good hike with an awesome place to stay the night is second hamangog on the south side of lone peak. If you google it you should find where to go.