Puffy jacket on a serious budget

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, just looking for opinions here. I am a bowhunter in eastern Oregon on a VERY tight budget. I am always looking for used items or the best deal.
Right now I am looking for a puffy Jacket. something to mainly be worn while glassing and at camp most likely, maybe early morning and late evening hunts pending weather obviously. Looking for solid colors so it can be dual purpose and I have leafy camo I can put over it if the need would arise.

Thanks for any info you guys can share.
Happy Hunting.

cmahoney

WKR
I picked up a grey down 600 fill at Costco for $40 to keep in my commute car. Im pretty impressed for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a grey down 600 fill at Costco for $40 to keep in my commute car. Im pretty impressed for the money.

I bought the same one for 39.99 a month ago and was at Costco last week and picked up a second one for 24.99. Seriously cant believe the quality for the price

There’s a Core 4 for sale in classifieds. I have the same one and it’s super warm.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Amazon Basics is pretty nice and comes in Olive. I’ve had a few Hawke puffies which are also dirt cheap and I prefer the amazon.

+1 for the Costco (Gerry) brand. They are quality and its actually my favorite puffy these days.

How lightweight and packable are these Costco puffys?

I think mine is 12oz (been a while since I weighed it). It’s definitely overstuffed and has a slightly heavier duty face fabric, which makes it pretty dang warm compared to some of the ultra light offerings. No hood on mine though.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I have one from MidwayUSA I got on clearance for around 30$. Pretty impressed for the price

I tried on one of the hawke puffy jackets a couple years ago and it seemed like a pretty good deal for the price. I ended up with an REI stratocloud 650fp down/primaloft blend puffy that I'm happy with. They don't make them anymore, but you may find them used.