Puffy Jacket

I love my kuiu superdown pro. Packs down to nothing, really warm. Can’t say that I’ve tried too many others… also have the kenai which is great as well. Not as warm, better for more active use.

Antares

WKR
I like my Kifaru LLP because of the cordura reinforcement and the synthetic fill (I'm always getting rained on).

Decker9

WKR
Using a original kuiu SD for early backpack hunts, and use the Sitka WS hoody for later season. If the weathers really crappy in late fall, the blizzard parka is a bombshell.

xcutter

WKR
I like my Kuiu Kenai for more 30 degree temps. Uncompaghre for 30 and below. I have a Sitka Down Puffy and it's super warm and has to be stupid cold for me to wear it. It's like a sleeping bag.

I have a puffy for different situations. A buddy of mine bought one of the Decathalon puffy's and really likes it. Worth a look. Reminds me of the First Lite Brooks puffy.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used the SKRE ptarmigan treated down puffy for the last 3 or 4 years. Been a great jacket with a high fill rate and durable outer shell.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've used the SKRE ptarmigan treated down puffy for the last 3 or 4 years. Been a great jacket with a high fill rate and durable outer shell.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
X2. I am very pleased with my Ptarmigan Puffy Jacket. SKRE released a new puffy jacket, but I don't see myself upgrading the one that I have. It was well worth the investment that I mase.

REI packable down jacket in a camo ish pattern that didnt sell well at their stores. 40 bucks on the rack before hunting season. Repels some water and has performed admirable in two seasons in Montana and working outside.

Cdpp880

WKR
I hate being cold, I have the first lite chamberlain jacket. It’s very warm. I previously use a Sitka Kelvin, good jacket just not super warm. If it’s not supposed to be below 30 or calling for rain I take the Sitka if it’s going to be below 30 I tak the first lite.

Original Uncompahgre. Thin Eddie Bauer down as a cold weather mid-layer. And the ultimate for glassing or camp clothing in arctic conditions (Wyoming during a cold, late October) , Feathered Friends Helios.

Last edited:

Tyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Arcteryx Cerium had been my favorite. I also have a Kuiu Pro Down as well but wind seems to penetrate it more than Arcteryx.