Q&A for SWFA UL 2.5-10x32mm Field Eval

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
My 2.5-10 is now on a 358 Winchester and seems appropriate for it (basically a light 30p yard gun). No issues but minimal use.

I just dropped my Leopold 1-4. Plan was to put it in QD rings as backup on my 30-06. I would have been happy if it had survived the 18 inch drops with minimal change since I would not take super long shots with a QD setup. Sadly it changed zero a bit after each drop (I did 3). Not sure how it survived my 375 but I'm not using it again.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I believe that puts it roughly in the "barely ok" category w/ the Arken EPL-4?

-J

Oh no. The Arken lost zero frequently just riding in the truck. The SWFA UL has held zero through everything but nine 36” drops in a row- even the single 36” drops it’s fine. Not my choice, but if they consistently behave this way, it’s certainly the lightest scope that works for an UL rifle.

Not something I would throw off of a mountain, but hardly worthless.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Hold tight. I see center punch shots. That set up and with the tripod. I am expecting head shots and you had to be hoping on one leg while shooting left handed.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hold tight. I see center punch shots. That set up and with the tripod. I am expecting head shots and you had to be hoping on one leg while shooting left handed.

Not all were shot with bipod.
I shoot shoulders on garden rats.
I'm not concerned with saving meat.
I shoot them in whichever way they present. I dont wait for them to turn broadside.

I havent seen a bean in years. They crop them off as soon as they pop up. I shoot 20+ a month.

BAC

FNG
Classified Approved
When I first noticed these scopes there was only a plex version, but I see there's a 5.56 bdc version now? Interesting. I wonder how it does in low light with such a small objective.

When I first noticed these scopes there was only a plex version, but I see there's a 5.56 bdc version now? Interesting. I wonder how it does in low light with such a small objective.
Not great, but I was able to make a shot about 10 minutes into shooting light using the BDC to hold over for a 500 yards shot. But it was difficult.

z987k

WKR
Not great, but I was able to make a shot about 10 minutes into shooting light using the BDC to hold over for a 500 yards shot. But it was difficult.
Ya, wouldn't be my first choice if low light was a concern. Luckily for me, it never is.

Thegman

WKR
My 2.5-10 seems to have crapped out as well. POI shifted 2+ MOA up and 1+MOA left upon re-cofirming zero. Won't track well now nor hold zero. Groups were crap and returned to normal after putting a different scope on the rifle. Only used this scope on one rifle for a month or two. Only "drops" were traveling in the truck and through airline baggage, which has never affected any of my other scopes appreciably.

Tracked perfectly when first set up and held zero fine. Back to SWFA for this one. They stated they hardly ever see issues with them. Looks like they're getting at least a couple returned though.

qotsa23

FNG
My 2.5-10 seems to have crapped out as well. POI shifted 2+ MOA up and 1+MOA left upon re-cofirming zero. Won't track well now nor hold zero. Groups were crap and returned to normal after putting a different scope on the rifle. Only used this scope on one rifle for a month or two. Only "drops" were traveling in the truck and through airline baggage, which has never affected any of my other scopes appreciably.

Tracked perfectly when first set up and held zero fine. Back to SWFA for this one. They stated they hardly ever see issues with them. Looks like they're getting at least a couple returned though.
I had a lens come loose internally on the one I owned after a few knocks. So they're definitely not bulletproof.

Thegman

WKR
I had a lens come loose internally on the one I owned after a few knocks. So they're definitely not bulletproof.
And cubdriver looks to have had the same issue as you(?)...well that's 3. Hmmm...well, at least I bought it on sale...

BjornF16

WKR
So failed on 9x36” drops again with Vortex rings…any chance we’ll see UL Tikka 1” rings anytime soon?