QAD Ultra HDX rest Popping from 80-90 percent position

psirus7

WKR
Roksliders,
I picked up a PSE Carbon Air Stealth EC last weekend with a new QAD Ultra HDX Drop-Away rest. The bow shoots great but I noticed last night that the rest developed a significant popping sound and vibration that can be felt coming to full draw. I estimate the rest has maybe 100 shots through it. I was concerned that it was a limb pocket, but it’s definitely the rest as it moves from the 80 to 90 percent (full draw) position. Any ideas? Thanks.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If it's definitely the rest, then you should be able to feel it while using your thumb to push it to full "up" position as well. If that's the case, I'd call QAD and let them know. They'll probably send you a new one, and have you send that one back.

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
Good point, I can only replicate the clicking while drawing, not pushing the rest up.

Nerhunter

FNG
Mine was hanging up, called qad, they had me exchange it for new one at bow shop where I bought it—free swap. Had to pay to get it set up again but I’m not complaining!

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
So I certain it was the rest, but it was not. I took it to my pro shop and they had to fix the spacing on one of the cams. The cam mod was rubbing against the string during the draw cycle.😕