question for Beast stick users

entropy

FNG
Been using Hawk sticks for years, but saw the postseason deal they had on Beast sticks and figured I'd try them. Put them together, and I'm really impressed with them... although I definitely understand why there's a market for stealth strips after clanking them around a bit.

Just wanted to know how folks take them up the tree with them while climbing? The suction cups on the Hawk sticks always made this really easy; I had a piece of cord hanging off a biener on the side of my harness that I'd hang the end stick on, and I'd just take the next stick off the stack as needed on the way up Obviously won't work on the Beast sticks.

I looked around on YT a bit. Someone mentioned putting a drag line on each stick, which would probably work, but I've got enough lines to keep straight as it is. Hoping someone has a better way to skin the cat?

Thanks in advance.

TN2shot07

WKR
I like a gear tie on my harness. I generally only need 3 sticks, so first one is from the ground second is in my hand and the third is on my belt with the tie. If I need a fourth it’s on the other side.

They are by far the best I’ve used for climbing and not sliding around but they will definitely make some noise and aren’t as slim as some options. I would like to try the lone wolf custom gear doubles too

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Second vote for gear ties. Loop the tie through the MOLLE on my harness and then loop around the steps. I don’t have beast sticks, but the concept is the same for any sticks.

I think mine are just the regular 12” black Nite Ize ties.

Macintosh

WKR
I tie a short loop of paracord to the top step of all my sticks. First stick goes on the tree from the ground. Second stick leans against base of tree with the strap hung over top of the first stick, so I can pull it up when I’m up on the first stick. Third stick clips to a biner on left side of my harness, if I bring a 4th it clips on my right. I use short 2-step sticks and find this quiet and fast. I do it the same with 3-step sticks, I just generally only use 3 sticks if they are that long. I use the biners in the tree to secure quiver and my pack to a strap.

The only place I have stealth straps on mine is where they nest together and yak grips over the buckles works great.

May e I'm the odd one here but I hang the first stick as far as I can reach thrn put the second up come down put my stand on my back and climb up with the 3rd in my.hand 90% of the time I'm only 3 sticks high. I feel like this works for me and I make way less noise

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

LilBit

FNG
I use these

jolasure

FNG
Im a cheapo. I tie small paracord loops on each stick n a biner on each side of my saddle to connect them to as I climb up.