LWCG .75 vs Beast Stand

Netherman

WKR
I’m having a tough time deciding and haven’t found much in the way of useful comparisons. Mostly just drama over the respective owners.

Don’t know either and don’t care about their drama. I want the best product. I wish I could get my hands on both but direct to consumer isn’t ideal for this.

I think I want the .75. The shorter length seems less likely to catch on the thick stuff plus I like the cut in traction and integrated bow holder. The reason I’m back and forth is because I love my beast sticks and the way they bite the tree. It also sounds like the beast stand will work with a smaller diameter tree than the LWCG and I do spend a fair bit of time in marshes.

Anyone have experience with either or preferably both of these stands?

GeoFish

FNG
I have the .75. It has less flex then the Beast.
Also the Beast has had some noise issues.

I had the beast stand and sold it to get the .75. I sold it because the beast stand would “pop” on hard wood trees when I shifted my weight. The weight and size of the beast stand is unmatched and the flex was not an issue at 185lbs. I really like my .75 though too, the mesh seat is great. I wouldn’t worry about the accessories of the lwcg though because you can get after market bow holders and mesh seats that are very identical to what lwcg sells. I do like how the seat locks in place with the lwcg though. If Dan would redesign his antler bracket to eliminate the popping noise I would recommend the beast stand. However, as it sits now, I’d recommend the lwcg. I have no regrets buying it.

OP
N

Netherman

WKR
I had the beast stand and sold it to get the .75. I sold it because the beast stand would “pop” on hard wood trees when I shifted my weight. The weight and size of the beast stand is unmatched and the flex was not an issue at 185lbs. I really like my .75 though too, the mesh seat is great. I wouldn’t worry about the accessories of the lwcg though because you can get after market bow holders and mesh seats that are very identical to what lwcg sells. I do like how the seat locks in place with the lwcg though. If Dan would redesign his antler bracket to eliminate the popping noise I would recommend the beast stand. However, as it sits now, I’d recommend the lwcg. I have no regrets buying it.

Thanks for the info. It’s really helpful. Do you miss the length of the beast stand or notice that you get hung up on less stuff with the LWCG? I’m also wondering about the minimum diameter tree you can use the LWCG on. I’ve been in some bean poles in marshes (not very high) with my saddle platform and think a stand would be better suited to those locations.

I’ve also heard about people grinding the antler bracket bottoms on a 45 like their sticks. It allegedly solved their noise issues. Not sure I like the idea of grinding on a $600+ stand, but if that’s the only thing holding it back and I can get smaller diameter trees it might be worth it.

Go with the LWCG. Those guys have been at it since the 80s and their experience shows in their products. Pretty much every current stand maker out their is copying their original LW Assault design as far as a folding platform with cables. They have more of a compact system as well.

Definitely a lot of bad blood between the two companies it seems. But that’s between them as far as i see it.

Macintosh

WKR
The longer stand is significantly more comfortable sitting if you are tall. As far as hanging-up in brush the length only matters above your head and shoulders—hanging down a few inches on the low side down by your a$$ doesnt affect that.
The flex is intentional, it makes it less brittle. Google “tree stand breaking” or something like that and you’ll see its an issue with some stands, mainly the cast aluminum ones.
Beyond that it’s blondes vs brunettes as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the info. It’s really helpful. Do you miss the length of the beast stand or notice that you get hung up on less stuff with the LWCG? I’m also wondering about the minimum diameter tree you can use the LWCG on. I’ve been in some bean poles in marshes (not very high) with my saddle platform and think a stand would be better suited to those locations.

I’ve also heard about people grinding the antler bracket bottoms on a 45 like their sticks. It allegedly solved their noise issues. Not sure I like the idea of grinding on a $600+ stand, but if that’s the only thing holding it back and I can get smaller diameter trees it might be worth it.
The extra length on the beast stand was nice and definitely noticeable when I switched. I never had a problem with brush with either stand. You can get into smaller trees with the antler bracket for sure. I don’t normally hunt small diameter trees though so I can’t compare on that. I’ve heard the same about grinding but I’ve also heard it doesn’t help, I never tried it. For me personally, I usually get one or two chances at a mature buck a year I’m not taking a chance on my stand spooking deer. Wasn’t worth the effort or potentially ruining a hunt to try and fix the problem when I could buy a lwcg stand and be done with it. There’s some trade offs for sure no matter which one you choose. I’m running beast sticks with the lwcg gear so the packability didn’t matter. Would like to try the tethrd sticks at some point.

Reactions: NGA