Question on a Seek Outside pack.

Gonna be in the market for a new pack shortly and I've about made up my mind that it's gonna be a SO Fortress 6300. My question is whether or not it has straps on the bottom that I could use to secure my sleep system. I got a Wiggy's bag that is allergic to compression but too warm and reliable for me to give it up so it rides on the outside. Currently I jam it onto the fold down meat shelf of my ancient Kelty that's way past due for retirement. The pictures on the SO website kinda made it look like there were no lashing points or straps on the bottom of the pack but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone has had hands on one in person and could say for sure.

Rokwiia

WKR
I have a Revolution Fortress 6,300. I often use the space between the bottom of the main bag and the meat shelf to put and secure my sleep system. If, for whatever reason, the meat shelf is being used there are two loops and two eyelets that you could run 550 paracord through to create two loops below the meat shelf to secure your sleep system.

Here is a picture of the bottom of my 6,300 and you can see those four points.

Attachments

• Fortress 6,300 bottom.jpg
    Fortress 6,300 bottom.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 57
OP
Copperhead
Awesome. I didn't realize there were eyes on there. I can definitely make that work. Thanks. Other than that, being as you have one..any dislikes or complaints about the pack?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Loops all over and gatekeeper straps. You can strap just about anything anywhere. You can even link compression straps together to make them twice as long .. and then use excess straps at camp to hang stuff at camp.

OP
Copperhead
Loops all over and gatekeeper straps. You can strap just about anything anywhere. You can even link compression straps together to make them twice as long .. and then use excess straps at camp to hang stuff at camp.
Helluva deal. I figure once I get it in front of me I can coonhand it all over and figure out a layout that'll work. In the meantime I'll just have to go off of the experience and advice of others.

Rokwiia

WKR
Awesome. I didn't realize there were eyes on there. I can definitely make that work. Thanks. Other than that, being as you have one..any dislikes or complaints about the pack?

I remember when I was considering buying it I was concerned about the efficacy of gatekeepers. My thought was, "What the heck is a gatekeeper?" Now that I have it, I would never switch back to a buckle system. So, first and foremost, it is the best system for attaching things that's out there, period.

One objective was to have a backpack where the main bag would not have any access points other than from the top. That is your best chance to keep contents dry without the use of dry bags. The 6,300 checked that box. The X-Pac material means I no longer have to monkey around with a pack cover. That saves weight and a lot of hassle.

I looked very hard a both the 4,800 and 6,300. In the end, the extra 1,500 cubic inches came with a 3oz penalty. For me, that was a no brainer because the space is within the main bag which was a real plus. When the bag is empty, or with few contents, it rolls down into nothing. I'm confident if I rolled down the 4,800 and 6,300, no one could tell the difference.

Some people are put off by a backpack with a large main bag. They prefer lots of nooks and crannies to separate things. I'm not one of them but did add two belt pouches and a top lid. When I add those to the space in the Talon and two side pouches built into the main bag, that gave me an incredible amount of storage. You can have access to 6 locations to store things for easy access outside of the main bag.

The water pouches built into the 6,300 are the best pouches on any backpack I've ever owned, and that's dozens. Most water pouches are sewn in at 90 degrees. To access a Gatorade or water bottle, you have to lift straight up--that's awkward. The pouches on the 6,300 are angled to you so you just slide them toward you. Ingenius. The angled pouches should be on every backpack. By the way, you can fit two Gatorade bottle in each pouch if you so choose. Wow!

Finally, the comfort when carrying is absolutely amazing. I've never had anything that could carry weight like it does including a McHale pack I have. If I were buying again, there is absolutely no question I would buy from Seek Outside and no question it would be the 6,300. I can always separately buy another one of the other pack bags, such as the Saker, Goshawk, or Peregrine and swap it in and out with the 6,300 bag, if desired.

Good luck with your choice.

No. Very much no really. I have been using a revolution/fortress for a number of years now. I hunt it and train with it several times a week year round. From time to time I buy another gucci bag and trial it, but I always go back to my SO. At least so far.

I think I made 1 mod -- put a piece of cloth over the buckle on the straps so my bow/gun don't bang against it and make noise.

I added 2 belt pouches, the merlin talon and the lid as well. I think my bag is a 4800 though.

I use a Wiggys when it is cold, and the bag fits on the bottom of the bag using the load shelf.

OP
Copperhead
I appreciate the help y'all. Got me sold on it. I'll be ordering one soon.