Questions on Wyoming tags

Decoy2103

FNG
Family is moving from Texas to Wyoming between Cody and ralston it’s only 40 acres I know there’s tons of public land but my question is can I just get a over the counter tag in the case I see anything on my property? I’ve tried to look online but all that pops up is the tags that you have to own 160 acres to get.

wapitibob

WKR
You will be a non resident and have to apply and draw. Resident gen otc are available july 12.

download and read the application booklet

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 61
You’re a non resident until the 2022 season. Even then you won’t be eligible for any landowner tags.

Laramie

WKR
So basically you can’t hunt on your own land
You can hunt, you just have to buy the licenses. After you have been there for a year, you can buy licenses over the counter for deer and elk. Antelope will still be a lottery draw.

You can buy a general tag for the region as a non-resident, if you have the points or it doesn't require any. Or you can wait a year and but a general resident. Assuming you're not in a limited unit...

Like any state including where you live everyone has to buy a hunting license to hunt even on their own land. I don’t know of any states where ownership of land makes you exempt from buying a license.

To get a landowner license you have to meet the requirements. 40 acres doesn’t make you eligible.

Also you cannot possess a resident license in more than one state so make sure you quit buying licenses in Texas once you move.

jmez

WKR
If you live in a general unit you can just buy the tag as a resident. Good for any general unit in the state. If it is a limited entry then you have to draw.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I think it’s like 200 acres to be a land owner. I have 20 near riverton and have applied 4 years in a row for both tags, have not drawn. I think I could put some fear in my yard deer. We had a doe that got mean, she would chase my dogs and my kids back into the house all summer. This went on for 3 years. She didn’t come back last summer.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I'll take an example of where you can be a resident in two states.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Buy a lifetime resident license in Alabama when you’re a resident, then if you move out of State you can come back and hunt with said license.

Same was true, may still be, for MS. I’m sure there’s others.

wytx

WKR
Buy your resident lifetime Texas license before you leave. That is how you get resident licenses in 2 states- Texas and Wyoming after you are in Wyoming for 1 year.

160 acres for landowner tags and 2000 animals days of use to qualify. GW will check your land to see if it qualifies.

Residents may buy general deer tags OTC, check the area and make sure it is not LQ for deer.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'll take an example of where you can be a resident in two states.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
In Tennessee if you were born there you can fill out a form for a Native Tennessean license and buy resident licenses even living out of state now. That's one example.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Where you live will be a general area, for a very short season. You will have to apply for the full November season which I believe is Whitetail only. You will have to sit in timeout for one full year before you can apply as a resident like others have spoken of here.

Like any state including where you live everyone has to buy a hunting license to hunt even on their own land. I don’t know of any states where ownership of land makes you exempt from buying a license.
In WV as long as you hunt your land you don't need a license...I didn't buy my 1st hunting license until I was 23 when I moved to the Carolinas. All check in and bag limits apply to WV landowners.

Fatcamp

WKR
I think it’s like 200 acres to be a land owner. I have 20 near riverton and have applied 4 years in a row for both tags, have not drawn. I think I could put some fear in my yard deer. We had a doe that got mean, she would chase my dogs and my kids back into the house all summer. This went on for 3 years. She didn’t come back last summer.
She would have died the first time at my house.