Quiet Super Down Pro

Jeterry

FNG
Any suggestions on how to quiet down the super down pro enough to use when tree stand whitetail hunting. I understand it wasn’t designed for this but trying to consolidate and get rid of some other items and clear out the closet. I have a fanatic jacket which is awesome…just don’t need both and starting to go west more so thinking get rid of the fanatic. Thinking a guide/axis Jacket/vest sizes to go over.

A down jacket as an outermost layer just doesn't work for bow hunting whitetails. Way too noisy at reasonable distances, and even the jackets you mentioned to wear over it would be too loud, I'd think. If you want quiet, keep the fanatic or find something similarly quiet that's cut bigger to wear over the down if you want to use it.

ccarter

FNG
You could try a loose-fitting 100 weight fleece over the super down pro. might need something to compress the forearm area so it wouldn't interfere with your bow string though.

utley010

FNG
I use an over-size Kenai
Interested to hear what you wear under the Kenai for sitting in low temps. Also how much you size up. Using the Kenai as an outer would solve my noise problems, but obv wouldn't be as warm as the SDP.

golfbum

WKR
I’m happy with the following system for cold weather sitting,

Base layer (118)
Mid 200 peloton
Kenai vest
Superdown pro
Upsized peloton 240

I agree with golfbum, just upsize the peloton or any other light jacket to fit over the super down pro. I have been using it for years, works great. I do the same for the pants too.

golfbum

WKR
I agree with golfbum, just upsize the peloton or any other light jacket to fit over the super down pro. I have been using it for years, works great. I do the same for the pants too.
I haven’t found a pant setup that I’m crazy about with Kuiu. I have the ultralight down pants and use them under the guide pants but I’m looking for something a little warmer and may try the super down pro with a kenai pant over that (with attacks or reg pants to hike in with)