Quilt and a wide pad??

Elite

WKR
Hello so I am wanting to try a quilt this season and also looking to upgrade my pad. I am a side sleeper and toss and turn a lot in my sleep so I am wanting to try the wide neo-air xlite pad and was wondering if a quilt can be run on a wide pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jt4

WKR
Pretty much the same. Long wide EE quilt works on xtherm max (77”x25” I think)

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Do you guys regret the weight penalty for the wide mattress??

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider

Not one bit!

I feel like sleep systems get overlooked too easily. If you're not sleeping well, how can you expect to perform well on the mountain.

That being said, I toss and turn and can't get the narrower pads to work for me. If I could, then great but I'm not going to lose out on a good nights rest to save 4oz.

Rican0624

Lil-Rokslider

I was the guy that tried a torso length pad to save weight. I now sleep on a wide pad and get amazing sleep. Some people can sleep on a regular width pad but the weight isn’t worth it if you don’t get good rest. If you are a back sleeper ever, go to an Rei and lay on a regular width pad on your back and see if you’re arms don’t fall off the pad without holding them if that makes sense. If they do a wide pad will be a game changer for good sleep. Just my thoughts.

I run quilts sometimes and wide pads. I wouldn’t say it is a problem. Not any more than standard quilt issues with drafts, etc. but you may need a wide quilt.

My current favorite wide pad is a sea to summit. The rectangular wide is awesome. 25” wide. 72” long. 4” thick and a lot quieter than the neo air I was running.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I actually there is a benefit to using a wide pad with a quilt .. especially if it is an air pad. Your body will be naturally a little lower, so it helps seal the quilt a small amount ..where with a narrow pad your quilt can hang off the edge thus creating an air gap and chill.

TheUgly

FNG
Pretty much the same. Long wide EE quilt works on xtherm max (77”x25” I think)

I would even recommend an Extra Wide quilt. For reference, I'm 5' 9" 170lbs and run a Extra Wide, Long quilt and the extra wide quilt is great when tossing and turning

sneaky

"DADDY"
Klymit makes an insulated 30" wide pad and a 27" wide pad. The 30" pad is like sleeping in your bed at home if you toss and turn a lot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I use a wide pad, 25inches with my quilts. I wouldnt go any less then that.

Ehiggins

WKR
30” Klymit insulated pad and an extra wide quilt is a sweet combo. Happy to carry the extra weight for great sleep.