Ragged hole carbon barrels?

madcalfe

WKR
has anyone on here ever use a ragged hole carbon barrel im doing a light weight custom build and was going to run a 20" proof
but the local gun smith says they outfit their light weight custom guns they build with these barrels.
there a #4 wilson sporter contour barrel wrapped in carbon which would fit better in my wildcat stock and weight less at 22" than a 20" proof
but i cannot find a whole lot of info on them!!

Str8shtr

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a wilson barrel before. I'd imagine itd shoot plenty good enough for hunting even though they aren't considered a top end barrel manufacturer.

5RWill

FNG
has anyone on here ever use a ragged hole carbon barrel im doing a light weight custom build and was going to run a 20" proof
but the local gun smith says they outfit their light weight custom guns they build with these barrels.
there a #4 wilson sporter contour barrel wrapped in carbon which would fit better in my wildcat stock and weight less at 22" than a 20" proof
Thread resurrection did you ever get one?

Those black hole barrels look like a good way to spend $350 extra for a higher chance of messing up a McGowan ($264) or Wilson ($200) blank by induced stresses during the wrapping process.

5RWill

FNG
Eh i have one on order to try. I have proofs and carbon six’s. I’ve seen the Wilson blanks shoot very well. And they offer one of the thinner carbon profiles so i figured I’d see how it turns out. It’ll be a while but I’ll see how it does.

Cooper#1

FNG
Classified Approved

The bitter taste of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of meeting the schedule.

I'm impressed with the incredible intelligence required to come up with nearly believable excuse after excuse for poor quality and incomplete work.

Wouldn't it be something if that quick-whitted intellect could be applied to the process of gunsmithing in the first place.

Best of luck to you John and as many of your potential customers as i can share with.

1 happy customer tells 3 people. 1 unhappy customer tells 33 times that many...

5RWill

FNG
The bitter taste of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of meeting the schedule.

I'm impressed with the incredible intelligence required to come up with nearly believable excuse after excuse for poor quality and incomplete work.

Wouldn't it be something if that quick-whitted intellect could be applied to the process of gunsmithing in the first place.

Best of luck to you John and as many of your potential customers as i can share with.

1 happy customer tells 3 people. 1 unhappy customer tells 33 times that many...
Did something happen between you and Ragged hole?