Rain covers for Kifaru T1

Beastmode

WKR
Im not. 500d sheds water really well for quite a while. If I am really worried I keep all my gear that I don't want to get wet in lightweight dry sacks. Then it can all stay dry when im packing meat out.

regardless of the packs material i will never go without one...... come up to washington and you may rethink your opinions.

MattB

WKR
I have one I bought from REI, but would look at one in cuben from Z-Packs if I had it to do over. I always carry it when there is a chance of weather.

bandit1

FNG
Won't leave mine behind. Like said earlier, come here to the PNW and you'll see why. You won't like 500D that is soaked through. It's cheap insurance for around 3 ounces. Check z packs and bearpaw wilderness.

I'm having Joe at ZPack's make me up an olive colored Cuben cover for my HighCamp. I think they can make it out of SilNylon or Cuben if you want. They just need a few measurements.

eltaco

WKR
I have a KUIU cover that fits well, and is lightweight insurance. Regardless of which state I'm hunting, I won't leave without raingear and a pack cover. CO had a record rainfall during season last year, rain wear could save your hunt in those conditions.

amp713

WKR
My dads cabelas outfitter pack has a cover built into the lid. Im going to try to find a way to attach it and use it for a while... Just as a test subject.

KMT

WKR
I have a cover from REI. I'm not sure of the brand, but it's pretty light. I have had horrible luck keeping anything dry in my kifaru pack if it wasn't in a dry bag when it was raining and my kifaru was "naked." When wet, the pack can gain 7 or 8 pounds.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I've never felt the need for a pack cover. Mainly cause all my important stuff is in dry bags. Well that and I found out the hard way they are hard to keep on your pack or keep from shredding apart when you start going through the alders/brush. A pack cover is just not something I found myself ever wanting and its been known to rain a bit in Alaska as well. :D

I've never felt the need for a pack cover. Mainly cause all my important stuff is in dry bags. Well that and I found out the hard way they are hard to keep on your pack or keep from shredding apart when you start going through the alders/brush. A pack cover is just not something I found myself ever wanting and its been known to rain a bit in Alaska as well. :D

would rather use one than have that wet mess...... if its designed right having proper materials with a cord lock and draw cord rather than elastic it stays in place, i tie off my extra cord to the pack in a manner it stays. never had one become comprimised due to thick fustrating alders, devils clubs etc....[video=youtube;pAxOHPmITHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAxOHPmITHI[/video]

luke moffat

Super Moderator
To each their own....glad you find it worth while.

I just find it in the way. :D