Raincoat suggestions for tree stand and glassing

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been looking to get a new raincoat to use as my outer layer. I would use it over a puffy while glassing. But I also do a fair amount of tree stand hunting in Wisconsin. So quiet material would be best.

I’ve been pretty hard at getting the blackovis hailstone rain coat for $175 but I also found the Sitka Dewpoint for $170.

Does anyone have experience with these jackets? Am I missing anything in this price range that would be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am happy with my Kuiu Chugagh jacket. Well made and quiet enough. Kuiu has sales around thanksgiving and people ate always selling gear on here. So you may be able to score closer to the $200 range.

Badlands catalyst rain coat is actually really quiet. I loved it except for it didnt have pit vents and I didnt like the cuffs. But i dont tree stand hunt so would be nice for a tree rat bow hunting.

Otherwise, quiet rain jackets aren’t really a thing. At least not dead quiet. If it’s rainy noise wont be too much of an issue

OP
DunnCoHunter

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I should clarify that I don’t need it dead quiet, maybe just not super loud like some of the non-hunting raincoats I’ve worn in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk