Rainier Fastpak Ultralight Knife

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Couldn't find much on the inter-web about this knife. Super light, Fantastic Elmax steel, $85 all are things that have peaked my interest. Anyone on here have any feedback on this blade for a skinning/caping knife? Also looking at the IW K1, Kifaru Helium, and Kestrel Mountain Caper.

Thanks!

OP
Ag111

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Nobody has any experience with this knife?

Fireman5569

Lil-Rokslider
no experience with this knife but elmax is one crazy good steel gets very sharp and holds an edge for a long time, but its a super steel and can be a pia to sharpen if it gets really dull. Should be a great knife.

Elmax at sub $100. Not sure if I should buy a few or be wary. I’ll probably end up trying one now. Ugh, my wife is going to kill me...

OP
Ag111

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Let us know how it performs. I am looking for a knife that can do multiple big game animals between sharpening

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
Get that Benchmade Altitude S90V stays sharp forever... but you will need diamond stones and lots of patience to bring it back if you ever dull it.

I got the knife today. Hair shaving sharp out of the box. The knife has width and should be able to take some side pressure. The handle is comfortable and fits my hand very well. I would like to see some jimping for your thumb on the top and bottom. Overall very impressed for the price.

Did you get a chance to break down any game? I'm curious how it performed. Did you go with the sabre grind or flat?

sveltri

WKR
I got one for Christmas, broke down a WT doe with it. I was pleased with how it performed, however I did adjust the bevel after that to 40 degrees (20 each side), It is light, comfortable in the hand, and I really like the sheath.

I used the knife on an antelope and deer this past season. It made quick work of the antelope and still sharp after. The deer was about the same. I did not have to re sharpen during the process and the knife cuts very well with light pressure. I touched up the blade after each animal and found it easy to do so with a work sharp. It’s a winner in my book.

Did the gutless method on a big old blacktail here and deboned it all with a S90V Kestrel Mountain Caper.
Love that little knife