Ranchers are tough bastids

Beendare

WKR
Wyoming rancher survives under rolled ATV for 2 days on beer and water

Fox news link
HERE

A Wyoming rancher was pinned under an ATV for two days after a rollover crash — and survived the ordeal by drinking bottled water and beer.

Frank Reynolds, 53, was rounding up livestock on a neighbor’s pasture when his vehicle tipped over on top of him Sunday, dislocating his shoulder and breaking his ribs, according to the Gillette News Record.

"It was scary as hell, is what it was," Reynolds told the newspaper from his hospital bed Wednesday.

I'm sure the beer he had with him had nothing to do with it.

I have a buddy that I gave an edible to that I brought back from Co. It was supposed to be a pain reliever. He said he didn't think it worked worth a damn, til he rolled his 4 wheeler rounding up cattle and didn't feel a thing.

Certainly the thing didn't have a thing to do with the rollover.

I'm sure the beer he had with him had nothing to do with it.

I have a buddy that I gave an edible to that I brought back from Co. It was supposed to be a pain reliever. He said he didn't think it worked worth a damn, til he rolled his 4 wheeler rounding up cattle and didn't feel a thing.

Certainly the thing didn't have a thing to do with the rollover.

I was in college, underage, drunk as a skunk, and was in the process of escape and evade from a party that was shut down unceremoniously. When I say I was drunk, I was DRUNK.

I was running through the back yard of a fraternity and went over the fence in the back yard. Unbeknownst to me, there was a 6 foot retaining wall behind the fence and a road. I had enough momentum that I overshot the sidewalk and bellyflopped on the road after a 12 foot fall.

I was fine! Ran another 2 miles to my dorm and puked.

I was in college, underage, drunk as a skunk, and was in the process of escape and evade from a party that was shut down unceremoniously. When I say I was drunk, I was DRUNK.

I was running through the back yard of a fraternity and went over the fence in the back yard. Unbeknownst to me, there was a 6 foot retaining wall behind the fence and a road. I had enough momentum that I overshot the sidewalk and bellyflopped on the road after a 12 foot fall.

I was fine! Ran another 2 miles to my dorm and puked.

Yeah, we've all been there.

Tried to find a funny picture that iterates that, but I didn't.

Saw a re-enactment on some tv show years ago. Guy was within site of his neighbors house but no one could hear him. Way less fun as i remember...no beer, and the coyotes started testing him towards the end. Lucky turnout for him as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I always said my rancher uncle was like a mountain goat the way he'd get around in the mountains. A few years back when he was 80, he was in the corrals and the bull charged him. He ran for the fence and in one motion stepped on the bottom rung and grabbed the top rung to pull himself over quickly. The top rung broke and he fell backwards right when the bull got there. The bull flipped him up in the air and over the fence and he landed on his head/neck/upper back breaking his neck. In a few months he was as ornery as ever and back to ranching. He'll be 90 this next year, and still ranching.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Does not sound like he had many options, curle up and hope to die or drink beer and water, and hope someone comes along. Lucky him, he calls water (Keystone Lite) beer, else he might have killed himself through dehydration drinking it.

@5MilesBack uncle has a story that gets my respect.

WCB

WKR
Gone 2 days without anyone looking for him ????? If he was helping me as the neighbor I would have gone looking in a couple hours not days.
Probably leased the ground from the neighbor to run cattle on and wasn't helping his neighbor. If he lived alone no one probably had any idea he was missing.

FLATHEAD

WKR
So, Im guessing the beer was responsible for both the rollover and saving his life. Life is strange.