Rangefinder advice

Getting a new range finder and I was originally set a a vortex razor 4000. These seem to be out of stock just about everywhere and some of the old deals I’ve seen seem to be long gone. I’m rolling around getting a sig kilo2200bdx since I found one for about 300 bucks. the question becomes is this a big mistake, is this a relatively decent unit. Mostly need it for bow season and rifle season but really only needs to range an animal accurately to around 500 yards. Occasionally shoot steel to 1500+ yards so verifying those ranges would be nice but not absolutely necessary. I also know a Leica 2400 and other options are top notch options but I’m trying to keep this buy to about 400 or under. Thoughts would be appreciate.

JakeL

FNG
Getting a new range finder and I was originally set a a vortex razor 4000. These seem to be out of stock just about everywhere and some of the old deals I’ve seen seem to be long gone. I’m rolling around getting a sig kilo2200bdx since I found one for about 300 bucks. the question becomes is this a big mistake, is this a relatively decent unit. Mostly need it for bow season and rifle season but really only needs to range an animal accurately to around 500 yards. Occasionally shoot steel to 1500+ yards so verifying those ranges would be nice but not absolutely necessary. I also know a Leica 2400 and other options are top notch options but I’m trying to keep this buy to about 400 or under. Thoughts would be appreciate.
I love my sig rangefinder: I don’t think it’s a mistake. One of the better purchases I’ve made. I have buddies that have the vortex and I prefer my sig anyday!

kcm2

WKR
The Sig Kilo 2200bdx is a darn fine rangefinder. Ranges quickly and easily out to your range and beyond. For $300 it's a no brainer. I've had one for a few years and have had no problems whatsoever.

Nethero

WKR
I have the Razor 4000 and I will not part with it. It is excellent and with Vortex’s warranty, I will probably never need to get another RF. It is the fastest ranging RF I have ever used, quicker than the Sig 2200, at least in ranging speed (I only played with one for a few hours so I am no expert on sig RF’s by any means).

With that all being said, It might be beneficial to look into the Maven Optics RF’s. Superficially they look eerily similar to the Razor 4000, and have gotten excellent reviews, too. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

The Sig is a good RF, but the Maven might be something to look into. I just looked at the RF.1 on their website and it says it comes with Maven’s lifetime warranty, just like Vortex. Food for thought!

Last edited: