Rangefinder Dilemma

I am looking at buying a new rangefinder for this season. I have narrowed it down to either the Sig Kilo 2400 ABS or the Leica 3500.com. I have read the reviews but am curious if anyone has had first hand experience with both? I will be using a kestrel Elite 5700 as well. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well, first the bad news…. The Sig Kilo 2400ABS has been discontinued and IMO it’s hands down the best tool for the job. Easiest interface with the best ballistic engine, and no need whatsoever for a Kestrel (except for measuring wind speed) because it has on board atmospheric sensors, a full library of tested ballistic information on most commercially available bullets, and a damn good laser that will reach about anything you would realistically have a chance at hitting.

Good news is there are upgraded replacements on the way from Sig that will be worth waiting for in hand held and RF binocular format.

Yes the Leica is a good tool, but it certainly isn’t built with an ear toward how American professional shooters expect it to work and how we get there. The .COM models are a big upgrade and with a kestrel work fine, but most of the time using a single device is a heck of a lot more efficient. If you can’t read wind, your Kestrel might help, but the animal will probably be gone by the time you’re all set up with a firing solution and an average wind speed.

Well, first the bad news…. The Sig Kilo 2400ABS has been discontinued and IMO it’s hands down the best tool for the job. Easiest interface with the best ballistic engine, and no need whatsoever for a Kestrel (except for measuring wind speed) because it has on board atmospheric sensors, a full library of tested ballistic information on most commercially available bullets, and a damn good laser that will reach about anything you would realistically have a chance at hitting.

Good news is there are upgraded replacements on the way from Sig that will be worth waiting for in hand held and RF binocular format.

Yes the Leica is a good tool, but it certainly isn’t built with an ear toward how American professional shooters expect it to work and how we get there. The .COM models are a big upgrade and with a kestrel work fine, but most of the time using a single device is a heck of a lot more efficient. If you can’t read wind, your Kestrel might help, but the animal will probably be gone by the time you’re all set up with a firing solution and an average wind speed.

Any idea when the 5k and 8k are coming out?

OP
MonsterMuley31

Thank you so much for the info! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share that!

Blue72

WKR
I find Leica to be accurate to 500 yards. Then between 500-1300 yards you need multiple zaps to get a reading. After 1300 yards I find readings hard to get.

But I often use it in a area with lots of sun and glare, so I’m not sure if that impacts my results

the glass is very nice though