Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vortex introduced the new Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50 today and I have been lucky enough to be playing with it the last several weeks!

Watch for an upcoming review on this new scope!

Attachments

• 3AC44B2F-D570-486E-B0F9-F376FD82C643.jpeg
    3AC44B2F-D570-486E-B0F9-F376FD82C643.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 105

KHNC

WKR
Where is the glass made on this one? I know Vortex has officially discontinued the AMG series now.

Rhansen

Lil-Rokslider
Vortex introduced the new Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50 today and I have been lucky enough to be playing with it the last several weeks!

Watch for an upcoming review on this new scope!
Hey Jared,
Any issues on target acquisition with the busy “Christmas Tree Reticle”? Love the specs on the scope but I have never ran FFP Scope and don’t use the reticle at all (Typically just dial)

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Jared,
Any issues on target acquisition with the busy “Christmas Tree Reticle”? Love the specs on the scope but I have never ran FFP Scope and don’t use the reticle at all (Typically just dial)

I too typically just dial as that is my preferred method. In order to find the desired reference point within the “Christmas tree” it would take you a bit longer I feel to find the mark that you want to use. Although it is easy to decipher it would take some getting used to if you have never used it before.

kickemall

WKR
I read the review and was wondering how usable the reticle is at low power, especially in low light? All my FFP scopes are lacking in this area. Thanks!

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I read the review and was wondering how usable the reticle is at low power, especially in low light? All my FFP scopes are lacking in this area. Thanks!
It can be difficult to read in this situation as only the crosshairs light up and not all numbers. Another reason I prefer to dial.

pc3

WKR
I've grabbed one of these....it might just be going on a cz 527 .17 Hornet at this stage. I did have a NXS 3.5-15x50 NXS with a gen 2 mildot on it (or nightforces version of that) that reticle is no longer offered but the reticle was a tad too thick on 15x good for pigs etc. and it kind of overpowered the .17 Hornet.

With an open centre dot it should work well for varmints.

millsms

FNG
How’s tracking been for everyone with one? I’ve stayed away from Vortex but the 4.5-22 intrigued me and deciding between this and the Zeiss V4 or v6.

How good is this scope in low light, 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset (or as my brother calls it prime-time-hunting time) I had an Atacr and got rid of it because it didn't perform well in low light.

Also for you guys that have had one for a while does it hold and track after time?