re-modded slik 634 tripod, 20 oz...easily done

ok, did a 13 hr day yesterday and analyzed the gear as per usual today looking for more ounces to shave, decided I don't need to go 45 degree on legs of tripod for sitting and sit inside the tripod so yanked yet another set of leg extensions off of it and dropped another 5.5 oz from it, even drilled out the base plate of my leica strap style bino mount and got it from 4 oz to 3 oz with a few minutes of swiss cheesing, so here is the tripod data

stock 634 cf was 2 lb 1 oz when I got it

I stripped foam from the two legs and removed the center column extension and the bottom most leg extensions which took it from a standing height capable tripod to sitting height but with 45 degree or more legs you could get right under it, that got weight down to under than of a stock 624 cf.

So now realizing I don't need all that length in the legs and can just have the legs at the steepest angle setting and have more than enough height for sitting glassing with the tripod in between my legs, I then took the next set of leg extensions off(which is very easy on these tripods, just unscrew them, remove, and screw the collar back on so you still have a 'rubber foot' at the bottom of each leg

now at 20 oz (1 lb 4 oz)

plus my very slight weight reduced manfrotto 700rc2 pan head at 17.5 oz (including the base plate) my total tripod/panhead is 2 lb 5.5 oz (I only stripped rubber gripper on panhead handle and shortened handle a bit putting a bit of hockey tape near end for lightweight gripper than the heavy rubber one that came stock)