Reality Check

Always wanted a sheep. I can afford it, but I'm 60 years old with various health problems. Not mountain climbing anymore.

I settled on an Aoudad, and got a nice ram !!! Almost 30 inches !! $4,800 plus personal expenses, no big deal.
The other $20 or $30k is going for a new kitchen. Wife is happy, I'm happy.

and I saw West Texas. It's the way to go, even it you can afford stupid money for a Stone.

Nice! Aoudad's are awesome animals to go after. Too bad they got a little popular these days, and the price jumped signficantly. You still might be able to go after sheep at your age, lots of people do with the right expectations.

Pictures?

OP
Short Track
I'm glad I did it. 1 & done !! Ordered a nice wall pedestal. Now I can put sheep behind me.

We climbed up a mountain from the back side because we knew the sheep were in the valley below on the other side. We couldn't crest the peak, because we knew we'd be busted, so we crawled to the peak through cactus and nasty brush.

Got into prone position at the peak... less than 200 yards, 1 shot with a creedmore, he was done !!
The entire herd of sheep (-1) is now running at us !!! up the mountain !! Guess they run for the nearest hill when panicked.

Eventually they saw us at the peak, and turn around for the valley. They run across the valley to the next mountain range and never looked back.

Not sure how these things were transplanted into West Texas, but they are certainly designed to live there. 100% free range on 200,000 acres. The ranch was low cattle fenced. Not sure if that will stop an Aoudad, but the rancher said these Aoudad were never introduced to his property, they just appeared on their own, and have been multiplying.

Unless you know what you're looking for through a spotting scope, you'll never never find them. I was glassing for hours, and glassed right over them. They just blend in perfectly.