Really big black bear from eastern North Carolina. 780 lbs worth.

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
Most of eastern NC is beans, corn, peas, and sweet potatoes with some squash varieties and watermelon mixed in. I don’t think bears are big on cotton or tobacco, but all the ingredients are there for some big bodies. NW area is a different story.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I killed one that went 557 dressed in pa, estimated live weight was 650. Was a chore to get it outta the woods to say the least. Did a full body mount which is cool, but man it takes up wayyyy to much space. Never again.

Peanuts, soy beans, corn. And they don’t hibernate.
Talked to a guy that runs a hunting operation when I was there a few months ago. These big boys tend to live in the great dismal swamp area and feed in the surrounding ag fields. They never hibernate and cruise around above 500# on the regular. Not sure how verifiable, but I have heard it said in multiple places (articles, tv shows, Shockey, etc.) that they are the largest black bears in the world.

We were down east swan hunting when that bear was killed. The guide also runs bear hunts. We asked how much stuff he puts out. 40 tons of peanuts per year. Not to mention the soybeans, corn, peanuts.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Man, the art critics on the internet! ... LOL

It's a *big* bear ... That's all there is to it.

Here's a 695 for reference (NC)

NC-bear.jpg

and a 767 (Pa. roadkill)

VIRX6CLRIERKI57CHYXMGKUKTM.jpg