Recommend a stretchy and durable fabric for water bottle pockets

I'm having a tough time identifying a stretchy technical fabric for use as like a water bottle pocket on a backpack. Looking for a made in USA material and buy in less-than-full-roll quantities. Was hoping to avoid a stretchy mesh because that tends to get roughed up in the brush. Also like the look of a solid fabric face.

A fabric similar to the one Marsupial Gear uses on their enclosed bino harness. Looking for Ranger Green, but I guess would consider another color if I had to.

Any ideas? Appreciate the help, thank you.

EdP

WKR
I think stretchy and durable are on opposite ends of the spectrum. A pocket of durable non-stretch material with a replaceable elastic cord w/cordlock for adjustment makes the most sense to me.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think stretchy and durable are on opposite ends of the spectrum. A pocket of durable non-stretch material with a replaceable elastic cord w/cordlock for adjustment makes the most sense to me.
Agreed. I don't know of any material I have had on the side of my pack that didn't get shredded in the brush unless it was Cordura.

If I were to do it, I would buy some 300D cordura and sew in some elastic/shock cord in the middle and run a shock cord with a cordlock for the opening.

Reactions: EdP
OP
Dos Perros
Agreed. I don't know of any material I have had on the side of my pack that didn't get shredded in the brush unless it was Cordura.

If I were to do it, I would buy some 300D cordura and sew in some elastic/shock cord in the middle and run a shock cord with a cordlock for the opening.

Have you seen that MMI Textiles SAM1 or SAM2? I was thinking that might work, if I could find some for sale.

OP
Dos Perros

DrRocks0

FNG
Interested, j. curious, are you looking to have a drawstring near the top or some sort of flap?