Recommend some hunting podcasts

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
So i just figured out there are apps for your phone that let me download podcasts to listen to when i please offline lol (yeah i know jokes will follow)

anyway what are some good hunting podcasts for me to tune into, of course i already subscribed to Avery Adventures and Randy Newberg's

GPool1842

WKR
Rich outdoors, elk shape, western Bowhunter, kifarucast, elk talk, hunt backcountry, beyond the kill, meat eater, hunt harvest health, shootn the bull, wired to hunt, joe rogan episodes with cam hanes

For traditional guys.. tradquest, the Stickbows chronicles, the push, traditional bow hunting and wilderness podcast, tradgeeks

Unlimited amount of awesome content out there right now....

Randy Newberg Hunt Talk, MeatEater, Hunt Backcountry, Rich Outdoors, Avery, and the new Elk Talk. The Push for trad archery.

Mac7

WKR
Interested in this topic since I finally ordered a phone I can listen to podcasts. Gritty Bowmen I've watched on youtube is good.

fishslap

WKR
Meateater, JRE hunting related episodes, and some of Kifarucast are about all I can listen to. I’ve tried several others but don’t like the cadence, or there’s too much banter or old guy humor. Also, if I hear “for sure” more than twice in the first five minutes I turn it off.

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
For more of the conservation/management side of things try Right To Roam or Your Mountain

BigPine

FNG
I listen to many mentioned above . Elk Talk with Randy and Corey Jacobson are my favorites, Born and Raised Outdoors is very good too. I just replaced a 9 year old Iphone that couldn't access the podcasts app. Now when I load up my pack and take off on a couple mile hike with the dog I'm listening to them, in the truck with bluetooth too.

LostArra

WKR
I'm a podcast nerd and the shortcoming of many hunting podcasts is a 2 hour time slot with maybe an hour of info I want to hear.

I use the Overcast app for my podcasts but I'm waiting for an add-on app that skips the ads.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Also, if I hear “for sure” more than twice in the first five minutes I turn it off.
How did “for sure, for sure” end up in the land of hunting podcasts.
Joe Rogan has a hunting dedicated podcast episode maybe once a month. Always worth a listen, in my opinion.
Meateater. Kifarucast.
Jay Scott, but the audio production is pretty poor.

Last edited:

FlyGuy

WKR
Currently, my favorites are eastmans elevated, exo hunt backcountry, Kifaru cast and the rich outdoors.

For me, these seem to have the most amount of content with the least amount of banter.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Hunt Talk with Randy Newberg.(My Favorite)
Cherry pick some Gritty Bowmen.
Elk Talk with Randy and Cory
Meateater
Shoot N The Bull

Anyone know some good none hunting ones?

DavePwns

WKR
Currently, my favorites are eastmans elevated, exo hunt backcountry, Kifaru cast and the rich outdoors.

For me, these seem to have the most amount of content with the least amount of banter.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
Very similar to my top hunting podcasts
1. Hunt backcountry
2. Rich outdoors
3. Eastmans elevated
4. Jocko podcast, ( not hunting specific but it will make you a better hunter)

Personally I actually love the meat eater show, but the podcast is severely lacking in practical hunting tips and advice. Too much "hang out" talk for me. If I'm going to listen to a podcast, I want to learn something that I can apply!

goetzc

FNG
I hadn't seen Dan Johnson's Nine Finger Chronicles or his new Sportsman's Nation Podcasts list yet. They have two feeds - a big game/western hunting and a whitetail focused podcast - both are great!

Tip-
Not a podcast but for those like me who talk fast - I only listen to my podcasts at 2x speed. At first it may sound like the chipmunks if you're not used to talking fast but it sure lets you pack in more podcasts. Pay no attention to what your family says about you being a hunting nerd... ;)

You can do this easily with the apple Podcasts app(speed is lower left hand corner, tap to change .5 to 2x) and the stitcher app it's under the ellipsis (...) to the left of the playback icons, as Speed Control.