Recommendations for hunt

Looking for recommendations on a once in a lifetime (for my dad anyway) guided elk rifle hunt. My dad turns 70 in November and will be retiring at the end of the year. I want take him on a hunt (my 40th birthday present as well). I’ve only ever hunted elk once in Colorado. We’re both PA residents. Looking for help with picking a state and outfitter for a 2025 hunt. Don’t have unlimited funds, but want to have a good chance of success. I’ve been to the outdoor shows before and the amount of Outfitters is overwhelming. Any help would be appreciated.

What’s your budget? What quality of bull are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
A
Like to stay under $10k per person for the trip. Doesn’t need to be trophy class.

Just give Steves Outdoor Adventures a call. He has a multitude of great hunt packages from 6500 to 12500 in a variety of western states and goes from horseback pubic land to private huge game-rich ranches. He offers a lot and he has great outfitters and ranches and most of all, he is a no bullshit kind of guy. You have zero fear of getting ripped off by any of his outfitters. That's who I'm booking with for a western elk hunt this year and mule deer next. I would have already done one this past year with him but my buddy wanted to try a DIY in Wyoming on public land instead.....yeah, it wasn't so good. Go to his website and check it out. There are lots of choices.