“Recovering America’s Wildlife Act” from MDF

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Help Pass Recovering America’s Wildlife Act

The Mule Deer Foundation (MDF) needs your help to pass the bipartisan Recovering America’s Wildlife Act, scheduled for a vote this week in the U.S. House of Representatives. MDF is part of a broad coalition of organizations, businesses, state fish and wildlife agencies, and tribal nations that collectively represent millions of Americans—these groups are unified in support of the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act.

MDF is calling for all members, and those that support wild lands and wildlife to contact your Representative in the House immediately and ask for a YES vote on this critical piece of conservation legislation.

The Recovering America’s Wildlife Act would dedicate $1.3 billion to state agencies and $97.5 million to Tribal Nations every year to recover and sustain healthy fish and wildlife populations. This significant investment would benefit the more than 12,000 species of greatest conservation need identified in state wildlife action plans—including mule deer. Funding will be used to implement on-the-ground efforts such as land conservation, habitat restoration, fighting invasive species, reintroducing native species, tackling emerging wildlife diseases, and increasing conservation education and outdoor recreation.

Conservation of wildlife, and our wild places, is an investment in a clean, sustainable, and thriving economy for rural and urban communities alike. Recovering America’s Wildlife Act is good for wildlife, good for taxpayers, good for business.

Please contact your Representative now and ask them to VOTE YES for Recovering America’s Wildlife Act!

i also dropped emails to senators in the 6 other states we hunt/fishing every year and 3 additional states we will be adding this year

my wife picked up the phone and called a few
she said emails are great but sometimes hearing a live voice helps them realize how important the issue is better then an email which they can choose to delete with out ever reading

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
my wife picked up the phone and called a few
she said emails are great but sometimes hearing a live voice helps them realize how important the issue is better then an email which they can choose to delete with out ever reading
she's right! Tell her thanks on behalf of Rokslide.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved

Help Pass Recovering America’s Wildlife Act

The Mule Deer Foundation (MDF) needs your help to pass the bipartisan Recovering America’s Wildlife Act, scheduled for a vote this week in the U.S. House of Representatives. MDF is part of a broad coalition of organizations, businesses, state fish and wildlife agencies, and tribal nations that collectively represent millions of Americans—these groups are unified in support of the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act.

MDF is calling for all members, and those that support wild lands and wildlife to contact your Representative in the House immediately and ask for a YES vote on this critical piece of conservation legislation.

The Recovering America’s Wildlife Act would dedicate $1.3 billion to state agencies and $97.5 million to Tribal Nations every year to recover and sustain healthy fish and wildlife populations. This significant investment would benefit the more than 12,000 species of greatest conservation need identified in state wildlife action plans—including mule deer. Funding will be used to implement on-the-ground efforts such as land conservation, habitat restoration, fighting invasive species, reintroducing native species, tackling emerging wildlife diseases, and increasing conservation education and outdoor recreation.

Conservation of wildlife, and our wild places, is an investment in a clean, sustainable, and thriving economy for rural and urban communities alike. Recovering America’s Wildlife Act is good for wildlife, good for taxpayers, good for business.

Please contact your Representative now and ask them to VOTE YES for Recovering America’s Wildlife Act!
From my House Rep:

“Thank you for contacting me about your support for protecting threatened and endangered species. I appreciate your taking the time to be actively involved in matters important to Georgia and our nation.

“Like you, I value our relationship with the environment and the animals that call it home. The Trump Administration announced in early August of 2019 that the Department of Interior was considering making changes to the Endangered Species Act that would remove what is known as the "blanket section 4(d) rule." This rule permits species that are considered "threatened" to have some of the same protections as those considered "endangered". Removing this important rule would have dramatic effects on vulnerable species across the country and threaten the progress we have made since the passage of the Endangered Species Act in 1973. Please know that as your Representative, I firmly support this rule and others that are responsible for the protection of countless numbers of vulnerable and endangered species.

“In the 116th Congress, I cosponsored the Recovering America's Wildlife Act of 2019, a bipartisan bill that would amend the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act to make additional funds available for the conservation of threatened and endangered species. Please know that I look forward to supporting this legislation and others like it if they are taken up for a full vote before the U.S. House of Representatives in the 117th Congress.

“Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. If you have any further questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to me in the future.”

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
From my House Rep:

“Thank you for contacting me about your support for protecting threatened and endangered species. I appreciate your taking the time to be actively involved in matters important to Georgia and our nation.

“Like you, I value our relationship with the environment and the animals that call it home. The Trump Administration announced in early August of 2019 that the Department of Interior was considering making changes to the Endangered Species Act that would remove what is known as the "blanket section 4(d) rule." This rule permits species that are considered "threatened" to have some of the same protections as those considered "endangered". Removing this important rule would have dramatic effects on vulnerable species across the country and threaten the progress we have made since the passage of the Endangered Species Act in 1973. Please know that as your Representative, I firmly support this rule and others that are responsible for the protection of countless numbers of vulnerable and endangered species.

“In the 116th Congress, I cosponsored the Recovering America's Wildlife Act of 2019, a bipartisan bill that would amend the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act to make additional funds available for the conservation of threatened and endangered species. Please know that I look forward to supporting this legislation and others like it if they are taken up for a full vote before the U.S. House of Representatives in the 117th Congress.

“Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. If you have any further questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to me in the future.”
OK so is he saying that he supports the Wildlife Act?

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
OK so is he saying that he supports the Wildlife Act?
That was my take - but it wasn’t the clearest way to say so. I did confirm she’s one of many co-sponsors of the current bill. Rep. Lucy McBath.