Recycled clothing from sitka

Anyone have thoughts to sitka gear is using recycled materials and kuiu still looks for the most advanced materials and sitka prices for recycled products.??
(Eco-conscious fabric constructed from recycled materials)

I don’t see the difference, a lot of the new fabrics are poly based. No reason to keep making more when we have an abundance to recycle.

When the supposed recycling is done in chyna, i would question whether it is truly recycled. I personally am eco friendly, all of my synthetic fabrics are “recycled” dinosaurs that have been converted to hydrocarbons the natural way.

With so many great American made gear options, why would you even pay a premium for a brand like Sitka or Kuiu anymore?

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
I needed a new down vest since I left mine in the mountains last week. Just looked at FORLOH. 299.00 for a damn puffy vest!! Really? Sorry, but im not paying that for just a vest. These companies need to figure out how to come down some on prices for gear. Its not better than most of the other top companies out there that are charging less. I ended up going with Sitka for 119.00 for puffy vest. First piece of Sitka ive purchased. Been using Kryptek and Pnuma but they didnt have exactly what i was looking for either.

OP
N
Recycled products have a place just not at more than full price for a material that was once in a garage can