Release for broken wrist (Ripshot) ?

m4ddis

FNG
So I finally drew the Colorado elk tag that I’ve been trying to get, and then I broke my dang wrist. Ugh. I’m devastated. I doubt I will be healed fully come mid-September so I am weighing out options before I surrender my tag to get my points back. Has anyone heard of the RipShot release that you draw with your elbow? I believe someone posted on here years back about it, but I’m trying to figure out how I can get a hold of one of those releases to salvage my hunt. Sounds like the company went out of business but there’s gotta be one floating around somewhere. Any help would be super appreciated!

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
You could go with a mouth tab a la Remi Warren.

He did a bunch of youtube videos and podcasts about it.

Which wrist did you break, release hand?

Would you consider switching hands? I sprained my wrist one deer season, hunted with my wife's bow (opposite handed). I think had I really dedicated my effort I would have killed.

OP
m4ddis

m4ddis

FNG
Yeah it’s my release wrist so it’ll be in cast or a brace of some sort come September. It’s broke with torn ligaments. I’m thinking worse case I could rig something up using an elbow brace as the foundation with some creative strapping to a release head. Probably the same way the Ripshot evolved.

WKR
Tim Gillingham is a guy who has probably gone further down this rabbit hole than any person should. I'd fire up the google machine and see what you can find from Tim and even contact him directly.