Reliable Two-Stage Triggers

I noticed that I almost never see the mention of two-stage triggers around here. My first custom rifle was with a Huber "two-stage" trigger which I guess is really a set trigger. I moved off of two-stage for a bit and got some TriggerTech single stages but I just don't like them as much as my Huber. I'm putting my Huber back on one of my two rifles but I'd also like to explore another brand for my other rifle. I'm aware Huber is not a true two-stage and if I want to put a true two-stage on my other rifle there's a few things I'd like to find out.

From the limited searching I've done on it, it seems a lot of people around here like the Geiselle Super 700 two-stage triggers as their go-to. Those appear to be on a lengthy production pause anyway but is there a reason for all the love that trigger gets as opposed to brands like Tubb T7T or Bix 'n Andy? And is there any data on which two-stages are less reliable than others?

Zerk

Lil-Rokslider
I've been curious. Not the same thing, but I like savage trigger with safety blade. Line up and get ready on that. Not a savage fan though.

OP
J
Triggertech makes a two-stage as well.
It's not talked about much which is odd. I always saw the Tubb as the gold standard for true two-stage R700 triggers at least back years ago when I was tinkering more with my guns. But it's apparently a pain in the ass when it comes to stocks because you usually have to have the stock modified to fit it. That and I'm not a huge fan of how the trigger shoe looks. I'll be honest the gator shoe from Bix looks awesome and is the primary reason I'm thinking of trying out the new TacSport Pro X. Which is a dumb reason because I have no idea if they have a reputation for reliability.

Last edited:
OP
J
Charlies Custom Clones has them in stock. I just got one on Saturday. It'll cost you $330, though.
Think they're sold out now unless I'm reading their website wrong. I can stick with my TriggerTech single stage on that gun for now anyway since I'm putting the Huber on the rifle I plan to shoot for now. I'll pick up another two-stage for the other rifle in a few months or something when I want to start shooting it again.

woods89

WKR
Think they're sold out now unless I'm reading their website wrong. I can stick with my TriggerTech single stage on that gun for now anyway since I'm putting the Huber on the rifle I plan to shoot for now. I'll pick up another two-stage for the other rifle in a few months or something when I want to start shooting it again.
Ok, I hadn't checked since ordering a week or so ago. Glad I got mine when I did.

SNelson

FNG
My Granddad shot a Springfield (mostly at night). My dad shot an Enfield. So I cut my teeth on a two stage. I have a couple of the red Timneys. They work.
Ass chewing from Form incoming…

Geissele makes quality products. I have their two stage trigger on my Patrol Rifle (AR), and I thought you stated that they had one for your application. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a try, especially if you are having trouble finding anything else.

Last edited:

ID_Matt

WKR
My guns have trigger tech 2 stages. While they do feel great and are easy to adjust, I have had some issues. 100's of rounds in very dusty conditions caused it to consistently hang fire on two separate occasions. One of the times we were able to flush brake cleaner through it to get it working, the next time we just sent it back. A few people I shoot with have recommended the Bix N Andy because they are easier to clean. I am interested in the Geiselle that form recommends though, and will likely give it a shot someday.