Reliable Two-Stage Triggers

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
My guns have trigger tech 2 stages. While they do feel great and are easy to adjust, I have had some issues. 100's of rounds in very dusty conditions caused it to consistently hang fire on two separate occasions. One of the times we were able to flush brake cleaner through it to get it working, the next time we just sent it back. A few people I shoot with have recommended the Bix N Andy because they are easier to clean. I am interested in the Geiselle that form recommends though, and will likely give it a shot someday.

Yes. People love to say “I’ve never seen an issue”, however the problems are real. More use in field conditions reveals it. The two best I’ve seen in dusty conditions that are “available” are the Geissele S700, and the TUBB T7t- though I haven’t seen nearly the amount of Tubb triggers. Also they do generally require some bottom metal mods.

OP
J
I've been wondering about the Tubb trigger. Thanks for the information.
From what I've heard it's a very good two-stage trigger but it will 100% require modification to your bottom metal to work and I didn't feel like having to go take my chassis in to get dremeled in the trigger area. Just got back from my first range trip with my Huber that had been sitting in a box for years. I shoot so much better with it. Even though I know it shouldn't matter that much, it does. It may not be a true two-stage but I love shooting with it. I may very well just get another Huber for my other gun if the Geiselle stays out of production.

4th_point

WKR
I hadn't heard about the compatibility issues with bottom metal. I have a mill but realize some may not want to dork with modifications.

Thanks for the information.