Reloading question

OP
fire arrow
Something else to. If you don't have a Sinclair Catalog, call them up and get one. In the pages they have tips on how to set up and use stuff. At the very least they got's lot's of pictures to look at. They are not good right now for powder or primers, but they usually have most of there other stock on hand.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good advice on notebook Sam.

I keep a shooting binder, I have my targets saved as a file on my comp, print them out, shoot em, hole punch them and they go in the binder right next to a sheet that has the data from the shots on it. I have a tab for every rifle I shoot.

AZ Vince

WKR
My $0.02:

If you're going to switch any component I'd start back at square one.
What I mean by that is, put your bullet back to the recommended COAL and run a ladder test. Then you will know what the max charge your rifle can handle and the powder weight range that is most accurate for your rifle. Then, after you've found your powder charge you can vary the seating depth but pay attention to pressure signs as you change the depth.

Some folks seat directly off the lands for the ladder test, and that's fine too, it's just not how I do it. There is an advantage to running the ladder test directly off the lands in that you will know how much of a charge will cause too much pressure. As you shorten the bullet jump you increase pressure. I don't seat directly off the lands anymore as everything I load has to be capable of fitting in the magazine.