Rem 700 Action Modifications

D

DanM

Hello!

I have a Remington 700 SS DBM rifle chambered in 300 Weatherby Magnum. It needs a new barrel and I am thinking of going to the 300 PRC.
My questions are as follows:

1. Does the feeding need to be modified to accommodate the 300 PRC cartridge vs. the 300 Weatherby Magnum - FYI I do not reload at this time.
2. If it requires modification, what is the modification? I am looking at the Hawkins Precision Hunter DBM bottom metal for the rebuild.
3. Any other information I would need to know for this potential build?

I have a limited budget for this entire plan of about $2,500 not including optics, Suppressor, bipod, etc. I have considered selling it and just purchasing a Fierce, Seekins, or CA but as I said my budget is limited and I can not purchase a new rifle and need to go add to it (I.e. a new stock, cerrakoting, trigger, etc.) Additionally, I am not into the Long Range shooting - long range to me is 500 yards or above. Just a soild, 30 caliber hunting rifle is my plan - Elk, Bear, Moose, etc.

I appreciate the help and candidness.

Dan

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you are running a magazine then you will not need to modify the action. The feed lips on the magazine will feed the cartridge into the chamber.